Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Activating NMEA on a Trimble 6000XH handheld

• 1.  Activating NMEA on a Trimble 6000XH handheld

Posted 02-27-2024 03:46

I have purchased a Trimble GeoExplorer 6000XH and have come across an odd problem.  Never before have i had any GPS device that would not output NMEA sentences.  It seems as though NMEA must be activated on this particular model.  I have contacted Trimble via email, but their only response was to redirect me to a company called frontier precision, who seems to be an authorized dealer.  However, they were also of little help, with the exception of wanting to sell me products.  To shorten the long story - does anyone know the steps i can take to get the NMEA output of my Trimble 6000XH activated?   There are software and firmware updates thru the trimble support pages, but nothing about the NMEA option.  It seems to be one of them roads so infrequently traveled that i cant get directions anymore.  If you know how i can go about this, your help is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    will will

• 2.  RE: Activating NMEA on a Trimble 6000XH handheld

Posted 02-28-2024 09:06

Will,

The GeoExplorer 6000XH was sold with the NMEA output as an option. Since that product was EOL End-of-Life many years ago. I must apologize for any confusion but there is nothing that the dealer or Trimble can do to get NMEA activated on your device. 

Mel Philbrook