Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

• 1.  Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-08-2023 14:57

Hi,

Is it possible to share the physcial iFeature saved template with a user outside of your Organization?

I am not referring to adding someone's email to one of my projects for them to use my iFeature template. I am asking if I create a New iFeature template and want to share it with another Organization via Connect?

Is this possible?

Think of it from the old GPS Pathfinder Office Data Dictionary. I created a robust Data Dictionary File "DDF" file and I want to share it with someone for them use and maybe add more to from their own PC etc.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Jay Riester

• 2.  RE: Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-09-2023 04:49
    Edited by Patrik Stahlhut 06-09-2023 04:49

Hi Jay,

it is possible to share a template you created with someone else yes but to do so they would have to be invited to your Trimble Connect Project.

When you invite a person to your Trimble Connect Project, they can download all the templates which are in it, to their device in the side menu of Penmap with the button "Download Templates":

Invite a person to your Trimble Connect Project via the Penmap Project Manager in the Trimble Connect Project settings under the Team header:

Kind regards

Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut

• 3.  RE: Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-09-2023 06:49

Patrik,

Hi, thanks for the follow.

That makes sense.

What I was hoping for was a way to share the "Saved" iFeature file type to someone else's Trimble Connect Online Folder or their own PC to then us the iFeature template and edit it if needed.

Thanks,

Jay Riester

• 4.  RE: Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-10-2023 07:45

I agree with Jay that this would be a nice feature. 

Zach Edwards

• 5.  RE: Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-12-2023 01:19
    Edited by Patrik Stahlhut 06-12-2023 01:20

Hi Zach, Hi Jay,

you can download the tzp/ptz, which is a compressed form of the template files, from your trimble connect account.

Log In to your Trimble Connect account and go to the Folder PenmapTemplates of your Trimble Connect project.

Mark the desired template and hit the download button.

As soon as you downloaded the tzp/ptz you can send it to any business-partner or assiciate.

They would just have to drag and drop the file to the same location in their Trimble Connect project.

Best regards

Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut

• 6.  RE: Can you share a iFeature template with a user outside of your Organization?

Posted 06-12-2023 06:10

Good to know! Thanks Patrik!

Zach Edwards