Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

• 1.  Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

Posted 06-19-2022 14:31
    I recently purchased a DA2 computer and a 60 subscription which I am trying to use with data from an Ntrip server. To my surprise, the DA2 does not show me the millimetric data provided by the Ntrip server (I clarify that in my country Panama, Trimble does not offer RTX services below 60, therefore acquiring a higher precision subscription by said means is not viable). Consultation: to obtain centimeter or millimeter precision with the DA2, I must acquire a centrimetric Catalyst subscription, which is expensive and not enabled in my country. If it is affirmative, the fact that it is necessary to acquire the Catalyst centimetry subscription so that the DA2 gives me the correct values ​​of the Ntrip, I will see the need to return the equipment and request a refund.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Oscar Ortiz

• 2.  RE: Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

Posted 06-20-2022 07:50

Hello Oscar,

In order to achieve centimeter accuracy, regardless of the correction source, you must have a 'Catalyst 1' subscription.  As such, the subscription you have purchased is the 'Catalyst 60' which enables 60cm accuracy, regardless of correction source.

In Panama, Catalyst DOES support centimetric services.  Catalyst 1 subscriptions are also supported in your country.

Please expect communication from our local distribution partner for further details, as we'd like to make you successful with Catalyst.

Regards,

Dan

Dan Colbert

• 3.  RE: Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

Posted 06-20-2022 08:34
    Thanks Dan for this clarification about Catalyst 1cm subscription.       

If the client purchases a DA-2 and only uses NTRIP CMRx correction from a local CORS as single base, does it still needs the Catalyst 1 subscription ??

Best

Alexander Holsteinson

• 4.  RE: Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

Posted 06-20-2022 08:45
    Yes, regardless of the correction source used, you must purchase the Catalyst subscription which matches the accuracy you require.

If you expect centimeter results, you must purchase a Catalyst 1 subscription.

Dan

• 5.  RE: Catalyst DA2 + Ntrip (Trimble Mobile Manager)

Posted 7 days ago

Hello Dan @Dan Colbert

Can a Catalyst 1 user gain an improvement on their vertical and horizontal results by coupling an NTRIP base station configuration with their existing CAT 1? I have some researchers using Cat 1, and they are hoping to improve the vertical by setting up a base station and using NTRIP. 

Matthew

Seiler Geo

Matt Czaja