Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Change Units

• 1.  Change Units

Posted 08-02-2022 05:53
    Hello,

I conducted a survey using a s8 total station in June with the job file units set to feet. I went back to collect additional data this month however the job units were set to meters which I did not realize. Since I resectioned to two points that were measured from my first survey (collected in feet), the data from this survey is condensed into a tiny area are has incorrect northings and eastings. The two points I resectioned to, I keyed in, but keyed in the northings and eastings as they were measured in feet, but the job I keyed them into was measuring in meters. 
    I have went back and fixed the job units and the control points (that I resectioned to), but I am not sure how to get the other points to recalculate. If I just change the units, it appears to just take the existing number and convert it to feet, not recalcuate the measurement. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Olivia Engelhardt

• 2.  RE: Change Units

Posted 08-02-2022 06:34
    Hi @Olivia Engelhardt

For the best chance of a response you'll need to report this in one of the other public communities covering the S8 and S8 field to office workflows
    I'd recommend the Trimble Access and Survey Field Solutions Community or the Trimble Business Centre community

This Mapping and GIS Solutions Community covers the Trimble GIS Data Collection portfolio which does not include the S8

Tom Harrison