Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

corrupted files

• 1.  corrupted files

Posted 11 days ago

Hallo, I saved my data on a SD card instead of in the internal memory of a Geo7X, during the downlaod on PC a memory error occurred, all the 3 files have been copied in my PC but 2 are not usable with Pathfinder while the third is correct. I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve the coordinates in the 2 unreadable files. Thanks in advance for your support

------------------------------
    Simona Alberti

• 2.  RE: corrupted files

Posted 11 days ago

Hi @Simona Alberti

The best thing to do here is to contact your local Trimble reseller who will be able to provide basic troubleshooting on this

If they determine the raw files are corrupt then they will escalate the files to Trimble to repair and return to you as an *.ssf If possible

It's not entirely clear what the problem is from your description but If you are able to get as far as creating a *.SSF with the raw files then there are a couple of tools you can use yourself in Pathfinder Office that  may help. These live under the Utilities > Other menu

• Simply opening the SSF in the SSF Record Editor then Save As.. a new file performs rudimentary fixes for certain types of corrupt records 
    • Running the SSF through the Check SSF utility ensuring you tick 'Fix corrupt records' will create a new SSF with corrupt records removed

Good luck

Tom Harrison