Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DA1 with third-party apps

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-18-2023 03:21
    Edited by Fraser Amtman 12-18-2023 11:01
    No replies, thread closed.

-

• 2.  RE: DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-18-2023 16:03

Hi Fraser,

It looks like you've removed your question, does that indicate that you've figured out your issue?

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Mark Kellaway

• 3.  RE: DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-18-2023 22:51
    Edited by Fraser Amtman 12-18-2023 22:52

Hi Mark 

Iv been trying to setup a DA1 on Android device for third-party apps.

I have Trimble Mobile Manager working with RTK Fix 2cm with my correct location, but when i open Google maps my location appears grey with the correct location but when it turns blue and starts updating it is showing me over 3.5 - 25km away, I have tried with multiple third-party apps with the same issue not reserving the correct position.

I have mock locations on and set to Trimble Mobile Manager, Under mock locations should the option Force full GNSS Measurments be on or off ? 

In Trimble Mobile Manager , GNSS configuration does GNSS output Detection mode & Geoid have an effect on the third-party apps locations ? 

Thanks Fraser 

Fraser Amtman

• 4.  RE: DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-19-2023 16:59

Hi Fraser,

Can you also confirm that you have the option to share positions in the TMM Settings screen switched on? Any GNSS settings you have set in TMM will impact the positions output to location services, do you have your GNSS Configuration settings set to Auto or something else? It would also be good to confirm that you have disabled battery optimisation for TMM. 

Normally your dealer will be able to help you solve any configuration issues, and if not they will escalate to our Support crew. 

Best regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway

• 5.  RE: DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-20-2023 11:33

Hi Mark 

Yes i can confirm that i have share positions on in TMM, battery optimisation off,  GNSS Configuration settings set to Auto. 

Google maps can see my location and puts on the the map when first open the app, but will not update the location again as it believes the location is old. 

TMM is connecting to the DA1 and getting a accurate location, I can use any Catalyst-ready app and have no issues its only third-party apps using the Mock locations. 

Thanks 

Fraser Amtman

• 6.  RE: DA1 with third-party apps

Posted 12-20-2023 17:43

Hi Fraser,

I think we would need more info to troubleshoot further, including TMM logs and device/OS details. You are free to write to me directly, however for speed of response it might be best to go via your Trimble partner in the first instance as you'll get a more timely response, I'm about to head out of office for a couple of weeks. 

Best regards,

Mark. 

Mark Kellaway