Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 04-30-2023 15:29
    No replies, thread closed.

Hello,

We hace two DA2 units paired iwth a TDC600 and an iPhone SE. I have all of the settings in Trimble Mobile Manager and Field Maps set up the same and they both have a CAT30 subscription. However, I notice that the TDC600 set up seems pretty spot on with the location, but when I test out the iPhone set up on the exact same location, it seems to be 3-4 feet off in the same direction every time. 

Trimble Mobile Manager GNSS  Configuration: 
    iPhone : 
    Frame - NAD83(2011) (EPOCH:2010) - Have tried Auto but it's the same. 
    Geiod - GEOID18(Conus)

TDC600
    Frame - NAD83(2011)  - Have tried Auto but it's the same. 
    Geiod - GEOID18(Conus)

Field Maps Location Profiles on both Units: 
    GNSS CS = GCS NAD 1983 2011
    Map CS = WGS 1984 Web Mercator Auxillary Sphere

We are alsdo using the exact same maps on both units. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

------------------------------
    Anna Peters

• 2.  RE: Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 05-01-2023 08:58

Have you tried pairing the same DA2 unit to the iPhone and the TDC600 to eliminate the antenna as being the source of the discrepancy?

Then if you get the same result, reverse the approach and pair the other DA2 to both devices.

Best to eliminate the variables as best as possible so you know where you need to be able to dive into.

Eric Collins, P.L.(Eng.), P.Tech.(Eng.)

Operations Technology, Chief Operations Engineering

t    403 645 5980
    c   403 512 4158

Ovintiv Canada ULC

ovintiv.com

This email communication is intended as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The information contained in this email is private and confidential and if you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication by any means is prohibited. If you are not specifically authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received it in error please notify the original sender immediately. We honor similar requests relating to the privacy of email communications

• 3.  RE: Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 05-01-2023 14:57

Hi Anna,

A constant offset in one direction would imply a coordinate system mismatch. Could you please run TMM on each device without Field Maps, connect to the receiver, then share the log file from each device (About menu, Send Log File). Please feel free to share these with me directly rather than in the thread.

Best regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 4.  RE: Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 07-24-2023 13:04

Hello,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I have tried to send the log files but it never comes through to my email! I did try switching both devices and have come up with the same result when pairing the recievers to each device. 

Anna Peters

• 5.  RE: Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 07-24-2023 13:18
      |   view attached

This is the only log file I was able to send through. 

Anna Peters

Attachment(s)

txt
    TMM_Log.txt   817 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Da2 Recievers and Field Maps Discrepancies between TDC600 and iPhone SE

Posted 07-27-2023 16:04

Hi Anna,

Per our direct messages I'm glad you were able to resolve this through updating TMM and setting the GNSS output manually to the required reference frame. I'll close this thread now.

Best regards,

Mark Kellaway