Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

• 1.  Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 11-02-2021 08:30
    Hey there I've got a question regarding Trimble TerraFlex, and deleting points in it. So let's say I'm collecting points in the field, and I collect a point that I maybe shouldn't have collected. What would my options be to delete that point from TerraFlex. The only option that I see in TerraFlex is the "Remove Forms" option. However, that option seems to imply to me that TerraFlex would remove all of my collected forms, and not just the one I was interested in.

------------------------------
    Brandon Connelly

• 2.  RE: Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 11-02-2021 08:39
    Hi Brandon,

Thank you for asking this question. You are correct that the 'Remove Forms' command will remove all forms from the device, which would not be advisable if you simply need to delete a single, mis-collected form.

Today, if a form has already been collected and saved to the device (and very possibly already synced to the cloud), deleting it must be done in the office within the Trimble Map Viewer. Any project administrator will have the ability to see your mis-collected form and delete it from there. If you are still in the middle of collecting a form in the field, that draft form can easily be discarded by backing out of the form itself.

We have received feedback like yours that a field user would like the ability to delete a form from within TerraFlex Mobile after it has been saved. We have also already added this to our possible feature enhancement list for future TerraFlex releases.

Lane Carter

• 3.  RE: Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 11-02-2021 09:01
    Thank you for the swift response! I will say this particular issue is a little annoying, because in my situation (and I'm sure for plenty of others) I am the project administrator, and the field collector. This means there isn't anyone back at the office that I can call to delete my mistake. At that rate I'm kind of depending on myself to remember which is the "good" or "bad" point. It would seem logical to have that option available for field users, along with the option to delete points in the office via Trimble Connect.

Brandon Connelly

• 4.  RE: Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 01-25-2023 14:01

Hi Lane, 

I would just like to add my two cents here. The ability for field users to delete a mistakenly taken point is a crucial limitation in TerraFlex. With over 1,000 points taken in a day, finding and filtering out a mistakenly taken location is extremely challenging and has opened the door for large mistakes to enter our dataset.

Sarah Hirsch

• 5.  RE: Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 02-15-2023 20:03

Hello Lane, wow just saw how old of a thread this is. 

Anyway, I see that I can delete points that may have been a mistake when I am in Trimble Connect at the office, however I still see those points in TerraFlex. Wondering if I am missing a step. I have synced from terraflex several times and this does not change. 

Jacob Jones

• 6.  RE: Deleting Points in Trimble TerraFlex

Posted 02-16-2023 04:09

Hi Jacob

If you can still see the deleted Map Workspace forms In Terraflex then you probably need to remove them from the device

When you capture any forms they will sit locally on that device and you will see this reflected in the 'FORM' section of the main menu (see below)

Provided the forms have been sync'd you will not lose them as they will reside in your Map Workspace and in 'the cloud' - [refer to help - Collecting data in TerraFlex]

Terraflex will NOT remove forms that have not already been sync'd which you can see in the screen grab on the right

If you want to get the updated data back in Terraflex (after you have deleted some forms for example) then you can use the Task-Based maintenance workflows

Tom Harrison