WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Download Multiple Designs

• 1.  Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-19-2022 09:02
    There needs to be a way to download multiple designs as a package from WM. You currently have to download 1 at a time and then stich this together on the usb. Manaegable would would help make the process smoother.

------------------------------
    Patrick L'heureux

• 2.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-22-2022 22:15
    Hello Pat, thanks for the feedback, regret inconvenience. It's already present in the backlog, would try to prioritize in a few sprints.

Vijay Raghunathan

• 3.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 12-08-2022 18:04
    I agree. We would like to download all the current designs for those machines that aren't on the network.

Russell Stringer

• 4.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-19-2023 12:46

Checking in on this thread from 1 year ago. Has there been any progress made yet? Very frustrating to have to download all these designs individually, then have to extract each folder, and cut and paste each design where I need it to go.

Brandon Tobias

• 5.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-20-2023 05:18

I have not tried yet.  Does exporting as a VCL help.   The last data controller I used had Survey Controller which I really enjoyed and then stepped down to Survey Pro.  Being at a new company now and having Siteworks.   I'm still learning how to set up WM and send files out to the field beside VCL.   I'd like to see if multiple surfaces are possible.

Francisco Guerrero

• 6.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-22-2023 03:17

I use TCC Explorer to download all of the design VCLs en masse for USB transfer. It's a discontinued piece of software that I find invaluable. It enables Windows Explorer to seamlessly access the file system used to transfer objects to machines and site controllers. Incredibly useful bit of sofware. The only place you can still get it is Sitech Nederland that I can find. Link below.

https://www.sitechsolutions.com/helpdesk/helpdeskdownloads/

Matthew Pitt

• 7.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-22-2023 04:07

YES! TCC explorer is such a valuable piece.

Patrick L'heureux

• 8.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-23-2023 13:23

Thanks all, very well aware of TCC explorer. Been using it for many years, well before WorksManager was a thing. 

i was only downloading designs out of WM, in order to obtain legacy files (TTM/DXF) for use in Trimble Stratus, as I thought that ought to be a better medium than to export them individually in TBC. Having 25+ projects, with each having 10-20 designs makes this quite more of a process than it should be, when moving data to another platform.

I'm also well aware of the other numerous ways to access or export this kind of data. However, I don't think one should have to find workarounds when a platform such as WM exists. Just let us customize how we download. A zipped folder for each individual design, containing all formats, with long file paths isn't ideal.

Only following up on this 1 year old post, to remind the powers that be, that people still expect certain enhancements to be made. 

Brandon Tobias

• 9.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-23-2023 14:17

Totally agree with you. Too complicated and too many steps. 

Patrick L'heureux

• 10.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-23-2023 14:34
    Edited by Ronny Schneider 05-23-2023 14:36

Are you aware of the synch functionality of TCC Explorer?
    With TCC Explorer installed you can right click on any folder on your computer and setup a one way or two way synch to any folder on the TCC server.
    You can always have a full copy of all machine files on your computer. From there it's just drag and drop to wherever you want.

Ronny Schneider

• 11.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 06-16-2023 04:49

Can you map this like a FTP site? Wondering if I can link this tot he file explorer on my iphone/ ipad for easier navigation in the field. 

Patrick L'heureux

• 12.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-23-2023 14:23

It always was and still is available via Connected Community. Same file though, hasn't been improved to have the right click menu back for Win10/11.

In the legacy UI it's quite hidden though

Ronny Schneider

• 13.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-23-2023 16:40
    Edited by Matt Eklund 05-23-2023 16:42

Ronny, thanks for the detailed explanation of how to set up TCC explorer.    Just to add a little more on why TCCexplorer is helpful,  I wanted a way to summarize what rovers and bases were most recently connected to our tablets  and I also wanted a way to verify that our gradecheckers were doing their daily check ins and what their tolerance and rod heights were.

I had this done through PowerBI reporting.  Basically I had some script written that goes to the TCCexplorer sync'd folder and drills down into each controller and each project on each controller and extracts data out of the tasklog.txt file.  Starting from the bottom up of the tasklog,txt file, I look for the last base SN connected and the last rover SN connected.  I also look for the last check in data.  This is all dumped into a csv where it can be queried by a PowerBI report.  Here are couple of screen shots:

I'd love it if Trimble opened up their WM db so that we can have API access for our own customizations.  On the machine side I'd love to dashboard  SN for all connected devices and their current FW version.  I'd also like to dashboard EW licenses on TD520 / EC520.

Matt Eklund, PE
    GPS Program Manager
    Sukut Construction
    California, USA

• 14.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-20-2023 09:36

This would definitely be helpful. Some kind of add to USB wizard. 

Matt Eklund, PE
    GPS Program Manager
    Sukut Construction
    California, USA

• 15.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-24-2023 09:28

Like this?

I have made multiple request for a Works Manager equivalent to file explore like TCC Explorer. I am glad to see someone has gotten this attention.

[Scott] [Threet]
    [Flatiron]

• 16.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 05-25-2023 12:19

I have used the right click on the design name and did the email which would allow me to show the directory to where i want to save the design to.  which is a zip file.

Francisco Guerrero

• 17.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 06-05-2023 15:49

Has anyone else noticed that when you download a design using the "top" download button that downloads "all" the file formats available, that it doesn't always download everything? The couple times that I have tried getting older machine control files (GCS900) like that, they don't seem to be coming down. End up adding a job site to my TBC drawing the old way and adding it to a dummy machine to rip onto a USB. Or the field to USB alternatively. But sometimes I need the data from someone else's project and WM is the quickest access to it, until it's not...

On top of that, the files are so stacked in there, that you can basically only put it in your Downloads or on your desktop in the hopes that the files path isn't too long.

Katie Byron

• 18.  RE: Download Multiple Designs

Posted 06-06-2023 06:18

from what I have heard.  the GCS900 will not take the .VCL files.  The .VCL are when we create the WM design inside TBC and not the Job Site Design.  Once you sync a .VCL to the controllers.  those files can not be shared with the GCS900.  

Francisco Guerrero