WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Error when adding new tablets to WorksManager

• 1.  Error when adding new tablets to WorksManager

Posted 03-14-2024 06:59

I'm trying to add 2 new tablets to Works this morning and keep receiving - Error test failed.  I have 3 licenses available and the TSC7s I'm trying to add are showing licensed on Works.  Anyone else having issues out there?

------------------------------
    Jason Smyth

• 2.  RE: Error when adding new tablets to WorksManager

Posted 03-15-2024 07:16

Solved.

I was setting up my TSC7s as Device Model/Custom/TSC7 this is apparently incorrect. I switched to Device Model/Data Collectors/Tablet and everything worked.  

Jason

• 3.  RE: Error when adding new tablets to WorksManager

Posted 03-15-2024 14:02

Hi Jason,

Glad you got this sorted! 

As you found out (and posted here for the benefit of all other users :) you will always want to have the Siteworks device there in hand when setting up WorksManager and open to the "WorksManager Settings" screen to make sure that the Device ID matches and also that the Device Name you enter into both Siteworks and WorksManager match exactly.  All Siteworks devices will always be "Tablet's" followed by the serial number listed in that WorksManager Settings screen in Siteworks.  The reason entering "TSC7" as a custom device type didn't work is that when Siteworks communicates with WM it uses the hardcoded "Device ID" which for all Siteworks devices is just going to be "Tablet"... 

Hope that helps clarify things for you and others! Good luck with using Siteworks and WorksManager.  Feel free to post up your experiences, good or bad, here and any questions. 

Cheers!

SteveDB (Siteworks Product Manager) 

Steve DiBenedetto