WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

[FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

• 1.  [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 02-08-2023 06:49
    Hello,

As far as I know, the only way to publish background images to siteworks is some convoluted process of adding plot boxes and exporting them from the capture image command with only the georeferenced pdf turned on and it takes forever to do and half the time siteworks still tells me it's missing an associated world file. 

As general practice, I already reference in every relevant pdf from the plans into my Trimble project while building the project and would love if I could just publish those somehow to Worksmanager for the field crews to open as a background image in siteworks. I don't understand why georeferenced vector pdf's in Trimble aren't recognized as georeferenced images in siteworks? Even if I push "public to TCC", it won't show up in the background images command on siteworks. 

Please add this feature!

------------------------------
    john chronister

• 2.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 02-09-2023 10:02

Agree! we really needed it here. Also, Work Order transfer to another data collecor.

They should start with these two for now.

Eric Condemilicor

• 3.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 02-13-2023 06:39

Yes! I have been asking for this for a while as well. This is a feature that is long overdue. 

Patrick L'heureux

• 4.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 02-15-2023 19:55

Gentlemen, thank you for sharing your requests. 'Send background images to data collectors', and 'Share work orders between data collectors' are both present in the roadmap, its just taking some time to get them rolled out, with the limited resources available... regret inconvenience :( Q2 might be a timeframe for this, as it stands today.

'Sharing devices across accounts' is the top most priority being worked upon at this moment. This refers to the ability for a rental/ sub contractor account admin to share devices with a contractor account. The contractor admin can then assign these shared devices in the project being worked upon. 

Vijay Raghunathan

• 5.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 03-11-2024 11:20

Good morning Vijay,

Any updates on these two features?

Jason Smyth

• 6.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 03-12-2024 05:20

I am curious too. Our field crews love this feature and it would make managing  these images a lot easier.

Now that SiteWorks supports placing images on the tablets, it would also be advantageous to share images place from a collector to the cloud so it can be shared amongst all devices on the site. 

Patrick L'heureux

• 7.  RE: [FEATURE REQUEST] Please add easier, more streamlined way to add background images from TBC to Siteworks using Worksmanager.

Posted 03-13-2024 02:20

Apologies that we were not able to pick these up in the last year. We should be starting off the background images very soon, we will keep you posted, will reach out for any feedback. We should be able to take up the share work orders after that.

Vijay Raghunathan