Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?

• 1.  Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?

Posted 03-22-2023 08:16

Hello,

NPS has many NTRIP stations seeded into the Trimble CBS list.  I'll display the issue using screen captures here.   I do know that Trimble Pathfinder Office finds the files just fine (using the Differential Correction Wizard), and I am showing below the internet fetch string is valid, and file names are correctly seeded.  There is something in the "understanding" of the TBC manual or automatic download method that needs to be looked at.   I am quite familiar with the Trimble CBS list (it was I who seeded our stations in Alaska, Hawaii) and I worked with the CBS_admin group years ago.   

I'm using TBC 5.8, but this issue predates version 5.8 and goes as far back as TBC4.X.  Can this be confirmed.

This screenshot confirms the file does exist and file name stored on FTP is correct. The internet fetch string that TBC is referencing is the same one that Trimble Pathfinder Office references and I can download this same file just fine in PFO. But not in TBC.

------------------------------
    Joel Cusick

• 2.  RE: Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?

Posted 03-22-2023 11:00
      |   view attached

Can you interogate this Zip file, which is stored on the hour (Zip file).  The Zip file contains 4 files, maybe what our FTP Scripts are doing is not being recognized by TBC as valid.  

here is a peak inside the hourly zip. and attached a file from 2022 as an example.

Is there anything inside this Zip file that is preventing TBC from recognizing as valid?

Joel Cusick

Attachment(s)

zip
    AKRO003ca.zip   286 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?

Posted 03-22-2023 17:12

It seems functionality of Internet Download comes and goes. I find downloading ephemeris files more of a problem through Internet Download and have to find the files on websites myself.

Robert Hoy

• 4.  RE: Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?

Posted 03-25-2023 12:21
      |   view attached

I have continued to test and try to eliminate issues that were suggested by others outside this forum.

1. Capitialization of files inside zip.  Changed from upper case to all lower case in file names.  Same error.
    2. Eliminated the .L file, thinking TBC doesn't like this file sitting along side the o, n file.  Same error.

I'm now thinking our rinex metadata header is somehow not likeable by TBC.  

Can someone open the o file and interrogate it.   The hourly files are directly pushed from reciever, and the scripts used by the FTP manager is not doing anything to the data before posting.   Again, the T02 files are directly read in TBC, and the o file as well.   Other software, Pathfinder Office and Positions differential wizards have no problem ingesting. 

Internet download works fine for all other sites (adopted CORS, UNAVCO, SOPAC) when files are available, so this is not, what I normally find a firewall issue with my government computer.

Thank you for the opportunity to post.

Joel Cusick

Attachment(s)

zip
    akro074aa.zip   618 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Internet download failure (550). TBC reports file not available, but it is. Can this be fixed?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-25-2023 15:19

This Post can be closed.   The answer has been found, and it was on my side all along.

An honoree person (he will remain anonymous) sleuthed the problem, and it was due to something as simple as altering the internet fetch string that I SENT TO TRIMBLE LAST YEAR that provides the internet download tool access to our NPS stations.

TBC HOST/URL Address has to match exactly to the file structure maintained on the FTP server.  This nuance wasn't caught since I was brought up in the Trimble Pathfinder Office / Positions workflow that this did not matter. 

In TBC, capitalization matters on  and causes the 505 error (not finding the files).

ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/CoopCORS/%YYYY%/%DDDDD%/AKRO/AKRO%DDDDD%%HrAsLetter%a.zip is the correct syntax to match the NETR9's Station name, in this case AKRO.

ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/CoopCORS/%YYYY%/%DDDDD%/akro/akro%DDDDD%%HrAsLetter%a.zip is incorrect.

I'll next repost to the CBS team in Trimble modifying the multiple stations the National Park Service has for Alaska and Hawaii.

Joel Cusick