Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

• 1.  Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

Posted 03-21-2024 10:52

As the title suggests, I am having an issue with connecting an R2 with Field Maps after the latest Mobile Manager update. I change the provider in Field Maps to the R2 unit that is connected in Mobile Manager, but when selecting the R2 device as the provider I get the error "Trimble Failed to Start." It has been verified that the R2 is connected and receiving coordinates. Any insight would be appreciated. 

------------------------------
    adamlittlefield48 gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

Posted 03-21-2024 12:45

We are having a similar issue location sharing with an R2 and TMM. Only solution we currently have is to restart the mobile device we have and it will work intermittently. 

Paul Knowles

• 3.  RE: Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

Posted 03-22-2024 07:33

All,

Be sure to be on the latest R2 firmware which is 5.65. You can update via Trimble Installation Manager (install.trimble.com). Also, make sure that you are NOT leaving the slider bar on in TMM within the Home screen while using field maps. TMM should only be used to initially configure the R2 real time configuration and output coordinate system/datum. After that, there would be no need to explicitly open TMM. Lastly, with the R2, you are not required to login to TMM if you don't want to. 

Zach Edwards

• 4.  RE: Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

Posted 03-22-2024 07:52

I was having this issue recently and found that turning the R2 off and on again worked.  I may have forgotten it and then added it again from both Field Maps and the iPad I was using as well.

I also had someone come to me with the same problem and we found that TMM was in the process of updating.  When I opened the app to see if all my settings were still correct I had to agree to some terms and then it all worked again.

Maybe that will help?

Lori Radunzel-Davis

• 5.  RE: Issue connecting an R2 to Field Maps with the latest update

Posted 03-22-2024 07:53

I was having this problem a week or so ago and found turning the R2 off and back on worked, though I may have also forgotten and added it back to both Field Maps and the iPad I was using.

Earlier today I was contacted by someone getting this error and it turned out the TMM app was being updated by our MDM.  Once it was updated I had to agree to something when I opened the app to make sure the settings were correct.  I closed it all out and opened Field Maps, connected the R2 and it all was happy again.

Don't know if any of that helps, but thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Lori Radunzel-Davis