Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Juno 3B unable to boot up windows

• 1.  Juno 3B unable to boot up windows

Posted 03-06-2024 21:08

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a Juno 3B second hand from the States. Ever since it arrived it has issues booting up windows mobile 6.5

Every time I start the device it asks me to align the touchscreen and afterwards it installs "successfully" something called KERNELFIXV3.CAB and restarts again and again in does the forementioned steps. It's a loop I can escape from for more than 10 iterations. It eventually boots up to windows and I'm able to operate normally with the device (set it up, time, date and owner information, install software and do the software specific settings) until the moment I shutdown the device. The the loop starts again and when it eventually boots up Windows, it's clean as it was just assembled in the factory. 

I've searched for more info about this specific cab file, but there is none. I've tried soft, hard reset and even Hive Clean, nothing is able to fix this loop. Does anyone here experienced something like this before? Is anyone here having an access to firmware and installation instructions for Trimble Juno 3B? I'm not able to find anything, even in Trimble's support website.. I'm desperate and I really want to fix this issues, since it's time consuming and irritating booting the device 10-15 times and setting it up just so you can repeat this once one wants to end the working day and shutdown the device (or the batter runs out) 

Thanks. 

------------------------------
    Yordan Apostolov
    ------------------------------