Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Live Elevation? - TMM has no receiver height for DA2, Field Maps has no "Live" readout....

• 1.  Live Elevation? - TMM has no receiver height for DA2, Field Maps has no "Live" readout....

Posted 09-20-2022 11:22
    The question was asked today if we could use the Trimble DA2 for a "live" readout of the orthometric height.  

TMM will show the elevation while corrected to a subscription service, but it will only show the elevation of the actual receiver.  I don't see any way to compensate for the antenna height.  In esri Field Maps, I can create a profile that has the transformation settings and I can enter a value for the "Antenna Height", but there is no "live" elevation readout.  I could certainly collect a point, then touch on the point and see the elevation, but that isn't very real time.  

Lets say we wanted to experiment with mounting the DA2 on a vehicle, and wanted to watch a live elevation readout showing the ground elevation.  How would you do that?  Interested to hear your ideas!

John

------------------------------
    John Blackmore

• 2.  RE: Live Elevation? - TMM has no receiver height for DA2, Field Maps has no "Live" readout....

Posted 09-21-2022 04:58
    Hi John 

TMM doesn't support antenna height. It's primary function is a GNSS configuration app for Trimble and Spectra receivers.
    Your 3rd party apps (like FieldMaps for example) is where we expect you to define the antenna height or If using a Catalyst enabled app like Terraflex or Penmap, you can define this directly in the software

If the height you mount the DA2 is fixed then it would be an easy exercise to subtract that from the measurements you observe in the app
    • You would need to measure the height to the bottom of the push fit mount shown below (#2) to the ground on whatever setup you had (pole/vehicle etc)
    • The antenna.ini already applies the Internal measurement to antenna phase centre (apc) so this is accounted for
    • The DA2 pole mount field setup section in the Catalyst online help is a good practical reference here

Tom Harrison