Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing 'Dimension' section from the 'view properties panel' for the imported IFC models

• 1.  Missing 'Dimension' section from the 'view properties panel' for the imported IFC models

Posted 05-22-2023 20:23
    Hi, good morning. 

For some of my Trimble Connect models, the 'Dimension' section is missing from the 'view properties panel'.  As 'Calculated Geometry Values' section calculates all the geometry planes of an element (floor/wall etc) when showing the area for that element, the 'Dimension' section seems to provide accurate area for a surface itself. However, as mentioned above, few of the models do not have the 'Dimension' section whereas other models do (please see the attached image below). Does anyone know what is the reason behind this and if something can be done to add the 'Dimension' section to the models that do not have it?

Any information/suggestion on this is much appreciated. 

Thank you.
    Best regards, 
    Nishat

------------------------------
    Nishat Aive

• 2.  RE: Missing 'Dimension' section from the 'view properties panel' for the imported IFC models

Posted 05-23-2023 21:39

same with me after updating the application i can't get piece mark number.  

Mohamed Salah

• 3.  RE: Missing 'Dimension' section from the 'view properties panel' for the imported IFC models

Posted 05-23-2023 21:40

Hi Nishat and Mohamed,
    Could you people please share the models with our Support Team (connect-support@trimble.com) so that we can check . 

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 4.  RE: Missing 'Dimension' section from the 'view properties panel' for the imported IFC models

Posted 05-24-2023 09:15

Hi Darshan,

I have now invited the id to the project that have the dimensions available as well as that do not have the dimension section available. Both models were uploaded in IFC format. 

Best regards,
    Nishat

Nishat Aive