Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

mobile app can't see catalyst

• 1.  mobile app can't see catalyst

Posted 06-20-2022 10:37
    I have a Catalyst, connectedto a Samsung Galaxy.

I connect the USB chord and the phone asks permission to connect to the antenna.  I press OK andafter about twenty seconds it says that it's connected.  I know from previous questions that this is actually just the operating system connecting.  Next, the mobile manager should ask to connect to the antenna, but it doesn't.  The home page just says "Not connected".  See photos.

The Position Source menu shows options to scan for Bluetooth devices, butdoesn't show the Catalyst.

The mobile manager is logged into my account and it has 13 hours available.

I've had similar problems caused by the control apps being out of date.  The Play app didn't invite me to update the mobile manager or the catalyst service, so I presume they were OK.  To make sure I uninstalled and reinstalled them.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

------------------------------
    Simon Ritchie

• 2.  RE: mobile app can't see catalyst

Posted 06-20-2022 14:48
    Hi Simon,

If you choose the 'SELECT POSITION SOURCE' button do you see the DA1 in the list? It is possible that Trimble Mobile Manager hasn't automatically selected the DA1.

Regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 3.  RE: mobile app can't see catalyst

Posted 06-21-2022 04:35
      |   view attached
    No, as I said, that menu only shows bluetooth devices.  See attached picture.  Also, if I press the List Connected Devices button, it just runs a bluetooth scan.

It looks as if the app has forgotten that it has a Cat to connect to.  What can I do to remind it?

Regards

Simon

• 4.  RE: mobile app can't see catalyst

Posted 06-21-2022 04:59
    Aaagh!

The problem was just that the drop-down list only shows the first option.  The catalyst option is hidden until you open the dropdown, then it appears (obviously).

Working now.  Thanks for your response, which is what led me to see what I was doing wrong.

Regards

Simon

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 12:34 PM Simon Ritchie <simonritchie.uk@gmail.com> wrote:
    No, as I said, that menu only shows bluetooth devices.  See attached picture.  Also, if I press the List Connected Devices button, it just runs a bluetooth scan.

It looks as if the app has forgotten that it has a Cat to connect to.  What can I do to remind it?

Regards

Simon