Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobile Manager Logout

• 1.  Mobile Manager Logout

Posted 20 days ago

Hi. One of my clients says that the Trimble Mobile Manager app logs him out after about 10 days. In the previous versions, this was a 30 day period and it was a much appreciated grace period. Has this been changed? and will it be brought back to 30 days?

------------------------------
    Matt Czaja

• 2.  RE: Mobile Manager Logout

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Matt

Firstly you only need to sign in to the Trimble Mobile Manager app If you are using a Catalyst DA1/DA2.

This sign in is how we determine the Catalyst subscription level to apply to the session (Cat 1/10/30/60). Trimble R series or Spectra receiver's do not require sign in like this as they are configured differently

So the offline behaviour in TMM is as follows:

1. If the device is truly offline then TMM will NOT prompt the user to sign in for 30 days
    2. If the device is offline for 9 days or later, then for any reason goes back online, TMM will prompt the user to sign in.

I believe scenario #2 is what you are describing in this post

This sign in 'refreshes' the licence and the 30 day 'clock' starts again, adhering to the 2 rules above

I hope this makes sense

Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: Mobile Manager Logout

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Tom - Thanks for your response.

Yes, this is used with DA2's. So, I am a bit confused about the difference between point 1) and point 2) you described. I mean why would the device being offline for 9 days (then coming online) force a logout, when in other cases it seems to stay logged in for 30 days? 

Maybe a simpler question is: what can this client do to have his units stay logged in the maximum amount of time and not have to re-login?

Matt Czaja

• 4.  RE: Mobile Manager Logout

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Matt

Yes I acknowledge its a confusing answer.
    The 9 day 'thing' is for technical reasons which I won't go into here, but to answer you question... If the device is completely offline then 30 days is the maximum before sign in is enforced again

So this workflow might help

1. When connected - Sign in to TMM
    2. Once signed in and you can see your subscription entitlement (Cat1/10/30/60) 
    3. Put the device offline (airplane mode for example) and keep it offline
    4. As long as the device remains offline then you will not need to sign in again for 30 days 
    5. After 30 days TMM will force you to sign in again, which will require a data connection

Tom Harrison