Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New attribute functions for FDM/TBC-Feature Code Libraries + Improvements

• 1.  New attribute functions for FDM/TBC-Feature Code Libraries + Improvements

Posted 06-01-2023 02:47
      |   view attached

Hello everybody on the forum!

I have once again started the tedious work of creating a Feature Code Library that is needed for our field work.

When I started to add my attributes I found a couple of new attributes functions (List-ValDesc and Relationship) see picture I've enclosed. I can't find any info regarding these attributes in TBC (F1) or the help section for FDM. Does anybody know what they do/ meant to be used for??

Improvements when working with Feature Code Libraries:

Why can you not multiselect and add for example same attribute to all codes in one go instead of doing it one at a time??

I want to add the attribute to add photos and should be optional to all codes I have and for some of them the photo attribute should be required.

It's maybe therapeutical for some but not work efficient.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Joseph Torres

• 2.  RE: New attribute functions for FDM/TBC-Feature Code Libraries + Improvements

Posted 06-20-2023 02:42

I noticed this a couple of days ago when updating an FXL... hopefully there more information on this soon.

Paul Munoz

• 3.  RE: New attribute functions for FDM/TBC-Feature Code Libraries + Improvements

Posted 18 days ago

I have just installed TBC 2024 and there is still no information on the two new feature attributes -  (List-ValDesc and Relationship) in the help or release notes

Alan Walters

• 4.  RE: New attribute functions for FDM/TBC-Feature Code Libraries + Improvements

Posted 17 days ago

Why can you not multiselect and add for example same attribute to all codes in one go instead of doing it one at a time??

Along with the 2024.1 TBC release we added the "AttributeEditor" command. There is a video of it here that is worth watching. More documentation here.

While it doesn't do exactly what you're asking for it does allow for bulk additions, deletions and editing of feature attributes based on a selection of multiple entities.

https://tbcanz.com/anz-toolbox/