WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New VCL

• 1.  New VCL

Posted 06-06-2023 14:36

I am trying to publish a new design by adding a VCL to a project and when I drag and drop its coming up as an incorrect.

"Looks like you are trying to add an incorrect file!"

I have ran the design on my emulator and it worked fine. But its like worksmanager doesn't want to use a .VCL

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Chodd Armfelt

• 2.  RE: New VCL

Posted 06-07-2023 00:21

Hello Chodd, WorksManager does not support direct drag/ drop of .vcl files into the UI yet, unfortunately. However, its there in the roadmap. Regret inconvenience.

Note that you can publish a .vcl from TBC into WorksManager today.

Vijay Raghunathan

• 3.  RE: New VCL

Posted 06-07-2023 08:26

You cannot add a VCL by using the web UI for WorkManager. However, assuming that you have TBC since you were able to generate a VCL file, you can link the WM project in TBC under the "construction data" tab, and export the design to the WM project in there. 

I'm not sure why Trimble has chosen to keep that format exclusive to TBC exports. Not very intuitive. 

Brandon Tobias
    Survey Manager
    Ames Construction
    Burnsville, MN
    (952)435-7106

• 4.  RE: New VCL

Posted 06-07-2023 09:58

Thanks for the info, after a headache found out the User Defined is what to select when creating the design (why not call it VCL). At first I just used VCL export but in order to upload right to WM I had to pick "user defined" when creating the design and then it worked going right from TBC to WM. 

Chodd Armfelt