Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

• 1.  PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

Posted 08-12-2022 06:40
    Hello, 

I have a project I would like to use a local grid using no projection and no datum and perform a site calibration, is this possible with penmap using the DA2? I am able to use thsi workflow in Access. I am looking to perform quick checks on points that have been set out with a conventional instrument ie, N:500.000,E:500.000, Z:500.000. I am unable to configure a coordinate system to complete this task in Trimble Coordinate System Manager. Further if I try to key in data the points are not visible in the map, nor can I import a csv regardless is format including the numbers copied directly from the manual I recieve a "CSV Format Error"

------------------------------
    Kenneth Gallant

• 2.  RE: PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

Posted 08-15-2022 03:12
    Dear Kenneth Gallant,

I will contact you via associated mail to sort this out in detaill.

Kind regards
    patrik

Patrik Stahlhut

• 3.  RE: PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

Posted 11-27-2022 13:25
    Dear Kenneth

I am currently based in Dubai and we have purchased a new Trimble TDC 600 with DA 2 . The project is using DTLM, a local setting but I am collecting in UTM. Is there a simple way of changing the TDC to DTLM.I have only just learnt the unit so still getting to grips with it.
    Thanks Craig Hanney

Jay Castillejos

• 4.  RE: PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

Posted 11-28-2022 02:29

Dear Jay Castellejos,

can you provide a EPSG number for your set Coordinate system?

Kind regards
    Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut

• 5.  RE: PENMAP LOCAL GRID CONFIGURATION

Posted 12-05-2022 05:25
    Dear Jay,

thanks for kindly providing the information to help you.
    We will stay in contact via mail.

For others with the same question in the futurem, I will here link 2 documents, on how to set up a user defined coordinatesystem and how to work with Trimble Correction Hub and RTX, posted by my collegue Cornelia Schmitz.
    -Support Bulletin - Penmap Product Family - user defined coordinate systems 
    https://community.trimble.com/viewdocument/support-bulletin-user-defined-coo?CommunityKey=3643fef7-e68d-4465-a424-1e627a1bba03&tab=librarydocuments

-Support Bulletin - Penmap for Android - Trimble Correction Hub & RTX 
    https://community.trimble.com/viewdocument/support-bulletin-penmap-for-andro-3?CommunityKey=3643fef7-e68d-4465-a424-1e627a1bba03&tab=librarydocuments

Kind regards
    Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut