Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

• 1.  Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

Posted 08-07-2020 23:54

I was recently working on a file for hours and kept putting off saving for some reason, big mistake!  Save Often!  I am working in 5.3 with SX10 scan data.  I have 8 scans in the drawing and was cleaning up the regions moving items from the default layer and so on.  The processing overtime was getting slower I could tell but I kept working along.  THEN AN ERROR POPPED UP.  It said to save the file, close it, and reopen it.  I noticed that a few of my regions disappeared instantly before it crashed.  I saved the file as the instructions told me to and closed the program.  I reopened the file and I am still missing the data from three of the regions that were open at the time.  Is there anything I can do besides start over?   The two regions that I was actually working on adding data to are still ok and in the file.  It was the background regions that disappeared?   I am not sure what files if any you might need to review?  I am also leaving on vacation for a week so if I don't respond it's not that I don't care I may not have access.  

Attachment(s)

zip
    limbo scan.job.zip   18 KB 1 version
    zip
    Limbo Property Scan.vce.zip   730 KB 1 version
    zip
    Historylog.zip   250 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

Posted 08-09-2020 18:43

I have also had this happen several times on a very large job and no I didn't touch the delete button. Start over is the only solution I could come up with.  

• 3.  Re: Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

Posted 08-11-2020 05:22

Check the SdeDatabase file in the TBC project folder, I have had several crashes where the scan files have been deleted. (see highlighted files in screen shot) I have gotten in the habit of maintaining a copy of this file, when the files go missing, simply copy and past the missing files back into the folder and restart TBC. In the event you don't have the files backed up, just reprocess the scan data from the survey and then copy and past the missing files into the original project. All regions should be repopulated with the appropriate scan data. Hope this helps. #missing data #TBC #Scans #SX10

• 4.  Re: Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

Posted 09-17-2020 06:11

I had the same issue after a software crash, after looking around I tried the Restore All (Ctrl+R) command and the missing information reappeared.

• 5.  RE: Point Cloud Regions Missing Data after Crash

Posted 03-22-2024 19:44

Hi 

I found kind of glitch that is fixing this problem. 
    When you go to Point Clouds -> Register Scans you will see that your Point Cloud Region area is still missing from Reference Stations and Moving Stations BUT in Registration Results you can see that all the data is still there. And it is just somehow blocked by Point Cloud Region. 

So I uploaded the raw data once again (without merging). Nothing happened. Then I Register Scans -> Pairwise -> added one scan to overall scan -> Automatically Register Pair -> Optimize Pair Registration -> Add to Reference. 

Instead of just adding 1 scan station to registered scan - it restored "Default" Point Cloud Region with ALL scanned data. 

Why am I calling it glitch? I am sure that someone who cleaned up Default from noise data would be upset.

------------------------------
    Dmytro Kravets
    ------------------------------