Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Point Manager stakeout causes location target to disappear?

• 1.  Point Manager stakeout causes location target to disappear?

Posted 03-23-2023 07:25

I'm using the latest version of Penmap with a Catalyst DA2 which also has the latest firmware.  When I use the Point Manager stakeout feature 6-10 times in a row my current location target disappears.  Penmap is receiving updates and knows my location, the app will not display my current location.  Exiting the stakeout function, the location target is still missing.  I close the project & open the project and the location target works as expected.

This is my first project with 30+ points, most of which are chain & offset points if that matters.  My first theory was poor internet connection but my RTK age is usually 5 or 6 even when the target disappears so that doesn't seem to explain the issue.

Weird, huh!? 

Thanks, I've only been using Penmap for a few months so any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.  :)

------------------------------
    Doug B.

• 2.  RE: Point Manager stakeout causes location target to disappear?

Posted 03-24-2023 08:12

Hi Doug,
    sounds like a drawing issue, which may pop up if you are handling a big area or have started a new project which where somewhere else at start up. Normally this is gone after reopen the project.

I get in touch with you to see if there is anything  else.

Cheers
    Conny

Cornelia Schmitz

• 3.  RE: Point Manager stakeout causes location target to disappear?

Posted 03-29-2023 07:36

Thanks Conny

The only additional info I would add is that this problem was not a one time issue.  It occurred 5-6 times that day.  I could reboot my tablet, my phone and restart the stakeout process and the issue would occur within 4-6 stakes.  I decided to stop fighting the issue and finish the staking the next day.  I think the issue is related to a busy cell tower / poor internet performance?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Doug B.