Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

• 1.  R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-20-2024 13:18

I'm looking for any helpful videos/tips for running a least squares on my R12 data in TBC. I received a warning stating that there was no "redundant data" found. Therefore my adjustment failed.

------------------------------
    Joshua May

• 2.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-21-2024 09:32

Your base would have to have been logging data, you then download CORS stations data, this will give you vectors between the CORS stations and your base, run process baselines and then you can do a network adjustment.

Mike Racz

• 3.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-25-2024 11:14

Thanks for the helpful responses guys. I was able to get the CORS data pulled in. And I then processed baselines. I'm getting an error when i got to my network adjust that says there are unconnected sub-nets. Which makes since because I would expect that my base needs vectors connecting it to the three CORS stations. Is this something that I have to connect up manually?

Joshua May

• 4.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-21-2024 17:02
    Edited by Robert Hoy 03-21-2024 17:05

I think there's a "support" ribbon, with many help items including videos.  Though they are probably going to assume you  have enough observations to run an adjustment.

Mike:  you are assuming he is trying to adjust static data.  You can run a network adjustment on total station only observations, or RTK only observations.  I often have adjustments with no static data.

Robert Hoy

• 5.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-21-2024 17:35

Yes I was assuming static and I also do network adjustments on total station observations, have never tried on RTK only, do you have a quick run down on how you do it ?

Mike Racz

• 6.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-22-2024 13:05

If you observe a point more than once from just one GNSS base, you can run a network adjustment, although you'll probably need to store points as "vectors" in TA.  And of course you can observe points from more than one GNSS base station.

Robert Hoy

• 7.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-25-2024 10:06

you also need to make sure that you have QC2 being recorded. This is the VCV information that is needed for Network Adjustment (You might be able to adjust with them all being weighted the same, but I think you need Q2. The adjustment would be better with QC2 even if you can adjust without it)

https://help.trimblegeospatial.com/TrimbleAccess/latest/en/GNSS-point-options.htm

Geoffrey Kirk

• 8.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-25-2024 14:01

Make sure the CORS Stations data was from the same time as your base was running. Also like I said, your base needs to be logging data, this will give you a T02 or T04 file, bring that into TBC also, it will come in as control, need to change it to survey or mapping quality.

Mike Racz

• 9.  RE: R12 GNSS BASE/Rover adjustment

Posted 03-25-2024 14:02

Robert, thanks for the info.

Mike Racz