Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Reducing Observations from Catalyst

• 1.  Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-17-2023 00:32

I had done a site calibration (Localization) with Penmap and also Trimble Access in a project site.

The report from Trimble Access is attached.

I had a "Template" file in Penmap project. 

I made a set of observations. For some reason the "Template" with Site Calibration from within Penmap has not been used during observation.

Now that I have this *.csv file (attached) generated from Catalyst / Penmap, I wish to apply corrections to the observed values. Is there some way I can achieve this inside TBC or on Penmap.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Saif Bin Darwish

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-17-2023 03:10

Dear Saif Bin Darwish,

the Site calibration report you attached seems like it was not generated with Penmap.

Penmap can only use Calibrations (.cal files) which were created with Penmap.

You would have to make a calibration with Penmap.

When you have done so you can save it via the button "save as preset" in the results of the calibration menu.

A cal file(calibration file) will then be created with the name you set in the destination:
    Phone\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.trimble.penmap\files\My Penmap\Calibrations

You can then load this calibration file in new projects as well.

When you have a calibration file saved as just described, you will be asked if you want to create a new calibration or load the existing one every time you open the calibration menu.

Best regards

Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut

• 3.  RE: Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-17-2023 03:51
    Thanks for your prompt response.

You are correct. The report is from Trimble Access / TBC.

Since I had the Horizontal and Vertical Calibration Parameters, I was thinking that there could be a mathematical way to transform Observed values to Calibrated values. That would save me some rework on site.

If anyone has found a work around to achieve the objective, please let me know.

Thanks all.
    The information transmitted through this mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this mail other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us or erase contents. Any re-transmission, dissemination, action or omission based on the content of this mail by persons other than the intended recipient may be unlawful and strictly prohibited. We monitor email communications through our network. Any violation for the above norms may lead to prosecution.

• 4.  RE: Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-18-2023 14:16

I am wondering if you could save your calibration from TBC/Access into a .CAL format for PenMap? From some other forums, I see that this maybe possible. 

Zach Edwards

• 5.  RE: Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-18-2023 21:39
    That would be EXCELLENT. I also do this in some cases.

Need the workflow to achieve this.

Thanks a lot.
    The information transmitted through this mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this mail other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us or erase contents. Any re-transmission, dissemination, action or omission based on the content of this mail by persons other than the intended recipient may be unlawful and strictly prohibited. We monitor email communications through our network. Any violation for the above norms may lead to prosecution.

• 6.  RE: Reducing Observations from Catalyst

Posted 10-19-2023 00:48

Dear Saif,
    Dear Zach,

TBC and Access use different algorythm.

A calibration has to be made in Penmap once in order to be able to load it in future Penmap projects.

Calibrations from Access and TBC can therefore not be used in Penmap.

Best regards

Patrik

Patrik Stahlhut