Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

RTX and TMM registration timeout

• 1.  RTX and TMM registration timeout

Posted 03-26-2023 13:13

One of the primary reasons why we like the PPP RTX solution is that you can receive corrections in a timely manner in remote areas without cellular service.  However, we notice that if TMM registration has not been made via IP/cellular before venturing off into the remote areas then RTX Sat will not work.  This is a problem since users often forget to perform the TMM registration before going off into remote areas.  Would it be possible to extend maybe the carry over of TMM registration for months at a time or set RTX sat as always available on the registered device?

------------------------------
    MATT SHELLENBERGER

• 2.  RE: RTX and TMM registration timeout

Posted 03-26-2023 13:23

Hi Matt,

Could you please elaborate as to what you mean by 'TMM registration'? Other than making sure that the RTX license is installed there should be no other specific interaction needed from TMM, especially as the application you are using, to the best of my knowledge, talks to the receiver directly using TPSDK. I do remember that your app had a setting for RTX-IP or RTX-SV, and we did talk about the developer adding an 'RTX-any' option, is it possible there is some interaction there?

Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 3.  RE: RTX and TMM registration timeout

Posted 03-26-2023 15:17

Dear Mark,

I think this came to me by mistake. I did have a question for the M&GSC that I posted yesterday but this doesn't relate.

What I asked was:

Posted 21 hours ago

ReplyOptions Dropdown

I somehow got into a TDC600 configuration where I couldn't end the data collection session. Best I could do was "Save as draft". So I did. I can see the lines of the form on the handheld, but don't know how to restore the Form. So now how do I retrieve that draft so I can Sync it to my project?

Thanks,

MK

If you could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Kennedy

4005 Lochmere Court

Lexington, KY 40509

Phone: 859-230-0191

kennedy@uky.edu

https://geography.as.uky.edu/users/kennedy

It is Indeed Fortunate

that God Designed the

Universe along the

Precise Lines of the

Academic Disciplines.

-- James Grier Miller.

• 4.  RE: RTX and TMM registration timeout

Posted 03-26-2023 16:03
    Edited by Mark Kellaway 03-26-2023 16:03

Hi Michael, as you are subscribed to the community you will be getting notifications from other threads. I have forwarded your question to a colleague and you should get a response to your thread soon.

Best regards,

Mark Kellaway