WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SPJ FILE > pointss?

• 1.  SPJ FILE > pointss?

Posted 04-06-2023 08:22

The only way so far I have been checking the stored points from the field crews ( SITEWORKS).  I dump the SPJ file into TBC for review of what was stored and check back into their layouts.  Once I see the stored points, I am seeing two points >  "stakeoutpoint_design and stakeoutpoint_measured.  Being new to this siteworks and works manager.  What is the reason there are two points and is there a way to turn the design off since I have the design in a TBC project?
    thank  you

------------------------------
    Francisco Guerrero

• 2.  RE: SPJ FILE > pointss?

Posted 04-07-2023 09:33

Hi Francisco,

The two points are recorded since when you select a point or a line to stake from a design (CAD file) Siteworks has to extract a point first from the design model at that location that then that "design point" becomes the point object that siteworks needs and uses internally to direct the field operator to stake to.  Then when you actually perform the stakeout and measure the stakeout point, you record a point at the actual stakeout location where the rod tip was located at the time the operator tapped the measure button.  The points measured as the stakeout points (i.e. where the rod tip was) are by default identified by the "_stk".  So ultimatlely the two points are the actual point selected to stake (the design point) and then where the point was actually staked on the ground, the "_stk" point.  

In TBC you can turn off or even delete all the "stakeout Design" points as they should come in on the "SCS_StakePoint_Design" layer.   Turning that layer off will hide them.  Or you can isolate that layer and delete the points if you wanted.  The "as staked" measured points get put onto a "SCS_StakePoint_Measured" layer, which sounds like the one you are more interested in. 

Hope that helps!

SDB

Steve DiBenedetto

• 3.  RE: SPJ FILE > pointss?

Posted 04-07-2023 11:53

That is very good detailed feedback.  IT is silly that Siteworks will generate an extra points for what purpose ?? i dont know 
    thank you Steve

Francisco Guerrero

• 4.  RE: SPJ FILE > pointss?

Posted 04-13-2023 02:27

Agreed @Francisco Guerrero . This are temp construction points and could result in hundreds of temp unnecessary points being generated. Seems like a memory hog. Seems like more room for error and misunderstanding. Does Access do it this way? 

Patrick L'heureux