Trimble Business Center

View Only

Stake Auto Populate Description Lacking

• 1.  Stake Auto Populate Description Lacking

Posted 7 days ago

Hello Trimble,

Please add this to the request list for Trimble Access for staking needs.  The current auto population settings for stake out are seriously lacking and miles behind other software (Spectra Survey Pro or whatever it is now).  I have posted about this before, looking for a solution, and haven't found anything that is a reasonable fix, hence, I am requesting this as improvement.

Here are some of the issues:

1. The auto population setting don't have a way to have a group for each of the stake out categories.  We are always staking between alignments and points, and in order to have the data collector automatically prompt with the closest Access will provide to want we are looking for, the field crew has to go into the settings when they switch between the stake out types and redo the default auto populated fields for each type of staking.  This is way too time consuming and it gets overlooked.  There should be a default field settings for each type of staking.
    2. The available settings and fields for the auto population of as staked description is lacking.  Yet there are so many pieces of data for each as staked point that is stored in the meta data.  Why can't we use all or some of each of these field when setting up the default field descriptions for as staked activities?  Why can't we choose a prefix or suffix?
      1. For example, we want as staked points that come from point stake out to read like this:  PT####, where PT is a default prefix and #### is the office calculations stake out point number.
      2. As another example, for alignment staking, we using corridor staking, we want the default descriptions to read: ALIGNMENT NAME STATION HORIZONTAL CONSTRUCTION OFFSET.  For some reason horizontal construction offset is a choice, offset is. 
      3. In order to fix this, we have to import the .jxl into TBC, make a custom export routine, bring that into Excel, concatenate a bunch of cells, then go back into TBC and copy paste over the lacking default descriptions.

Please help us and improve this.  Even from a continuity standpoint, the solution I use is problematic.  Our database ends up edited and doesn't reflect what took place in the field.  We don't like that.  Not to mention, this takes time that could be used elsewhere and is a simple matter of allowing the software to pick and hold fields and having all fields available, along with allowing for prefix and suffix text insert.

Trimble help us.  I have posted and posted and about this and have yet to hear anything meaningful back from Trimble or a valid solution(s). 

Thank you for your consideration and review, and of course, your response.  It is appreciated.

------------------------------
    Clayton Bradshaw
    ------------------------------