Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

• 1.  Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 07-28-2022 23:41
    When I try to compute Stockpile ? depression volumes in TBC 5.70, the report does not show volumes.

Please see attached.

Anyone also faced this issue. Has it been corrected in 5.71?

I created a base surface and computed volumes this time.

------------------------------
    Saif Bin Darwish

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Stock19B (Test only).pdf   225 KB 1 version
    pdf
    Stock19B (Screen Shot).pdf   936 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 07-29-2022 01:02
    Hi Saif Bin Darwish

I checked in TBC 5.71 and got same issue, when using the Stockpile/Depression option my Earthworks report also shows no volume. When using the Surface to surface option it gives a volume as you mentioned. I will escalate this as a bug to the TBC Team to investigate and will give you feedback as soon as I get any update from them.

Regards

Albert Olivier
    TBC Technical Product Manager

• 3.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 07-30-2022 21:16
    Thanks.

Hope this will be resolved soon.
    The information transmitted through this mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this mail other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us or erase contents. Any re-transmission, dissemination, action or omission based on the content of this mail by persons other than the intended recipient may be unlawful and strictly prohibited. We monitor email communications through our network. Any violation for the above norms may lead to prosecution.

• 4.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 07-31-2022 23:27
    Hi Saif

Will you please install the latest patch that was released a week or so ago and try the volume calculation. Let me know if you still get the same bug or not. Thanks.

Regards

Albert Olivier

• 5.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-01-2022 00:06
    Why should he upgrade. You wrote yourself that you've tested it with 5.70.1 and it doesn't work.

And I can confirm this as well.
    Simple test surface.
    Left hand side, report to Elevation 15.0 -> works
    Right hand side, Stockpile/Depression -> empty

By the way please include the full version name in the about Window. Although this is version 5.70.1 it only shows 5.70. You can only tell from the number in the bracket that it is newer.
    5.70 - 5.70.8186.30071
    5.70.1 - 5.70.8236.15475

Ronny Schneider

• 6.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-01-2022 00:13
    Hi Ronny

Thanks for confirming that you are getting the same result, I was looking for confirmation that the patch did not fix the issue. Will follow up with the TBC Team on this bug.

Regards

Albert Olivier

• 7.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-02-2022 00:26
      |   view attached
    Clean install worked.

Thanks for all the support.
    The information transmitted through this mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this mail other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us or erase contents. Any re-transmission, dissemination, action or omission based on the content of this mail by persons other than the intended recipient may be unlawful and strictly prohibited. We monitor email communications through our network. Any violation for the above norms may lead to prosecution.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Test Stock 19B.pdf   279 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-01-2022 02:36
    Those in the group who tried with TBC 5.70.1 are reporting that it is not resolved yet.

Thanks.

• 9.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 07-31-2022 14:06
    That is a known bug since 5.70.
    https://community.trimble.com/discussion/earthwork-report-issues-v570#bma72ceecd-fcb4-40a1-8f57-5036817b6553

If it still doesn't work with 5.70.1 they haven't managed to fix it in time, before the patch release. A lot of people in the forum did downgrade to 5.6 because of that.

Ronny Schneider

• 10.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-01-2022 09:48
    Apologies for the confusion. We are working internally to understand why this is still occuring for some users and not for others. I personally used Cleanup Utility then downloaded and installed using the online install link from this forum and am not seeing the issue.

Can you all tell me how you installed 5.70.1? Was it:

• "Check for Updates" in TBC
    • Download of the offline install .zip package
    • Download of the online install .exe

Charlie Sorg
    Product Owner
    Trimble Business Center, CIS

• 11.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-01-2022 14:17
    I used the 5.8 GB full setup ZIP, over an existing 5.70 install without cleanup utility.

Only 2 files have a different date in the reports folder (Support/iv), License.txt and EarthworkReport.xslt.

I compared the EarthworkReport.xslt from 5.60.2, 5.70 and 5.70.1 with Notepad++ and compare plugin. They are all slightly different.
    Examples
    Left - 5.60.2 and Right 5.70

Left - 5.70 and Right 5.70.1

This Line for instance got changed for 5.70.  But for 5.70.1 reverted back to what was in 5.60.2. But there are differences in other lines as well.

Ronny Schneider

• 12.  RE: Stockpile/depression volumes in TBC 5.70

Posted 08-02-2022 02:24
    Hi I got the same issue. I have checked for updates and then download  V 5.70 of the online install. The previous version that I had was working fine. I also would like to know why my volume calculation between 2 surfaces doesn't match properly with the  same calculation made through 12D software. Does anybody has done this comparison TBC x 12D? Thanks

Wellerson Souza