Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Storage space TC

• 1.  Storage space TC

Posted 10-24-2017 06:36

How much storage space is available per user on the Trimble Connect Cloud? 

• 2.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 10-24-2017 12:53

Hi Dian,

Trimble Connect user on free account (Personal plan) will have 10GB in the free project or unlimited storage for Business and/or Enterprise plan. For more details, click Get started

Best Regards,

Fern Udomrasami 

• 3.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 10-24-2017 22:30

Hi Fern,

Is this also true if you just want to use TC as a cloud service to transfer data between the office and the field?

Kind regards,
    Dian Dankers

• 4.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 10-30-2017 18:50

Hi Dian,

Trimble Connect platform not only help users transfer data, but also help collaboration for project team members to access project information from different products (web, desktop, mobile etc.) and from anywhere at anytime. Users can view the supported 2D file, 3D models and Geospatial files, track tasks with ToDos, sharing views, etc.

More about Trimble Connect:
    Know all about Trimble Connect
    Trimble Connect Overview
    Trimble Connect YouTube channel

Thanks,

Fern

• 5.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 10-30-2017 23:57

This does not really answer my question.. We just want to use it for data transfer from a PC to a fieldcomputer like a TSC3. We notice that our clients are having trouble transfering data by USB connection, since the support for Windows Mobile Device Centre is failing on Windows 10. TC is intergrated in Trimble Access, so it could replace the need for a physical USB connection. I ran some test projects myself and so far I don't experience any constraints regarding data sharing. So, what I want to know is: How much storage space does the cloud offer for just data sharing and are there any constraints regarding the number of projects and number of participants in a project? 

• 6.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 11-02-2017 09:46

Hi Dian,

I try to answer as well. The reason you don´t face any restrictions is that the license enforcement is not switched on. After license enforcement, you can run your first project for free on Trimble Connect, invite 5 people and host 10 gb of data, other projects will be locked and can be opened after purchasing a license.

You can do this via e-com or purchase it from a local reseller such as a Tekla reseller or Trimble Solutions office.

With commercial license you can have unlimited amout of project and unlimited data. If you wish to invite other users to the project, they need to have a commercial license as well. The rule is the same if you use Trimble Connect native UIs (web, desktop, mobile) or Trimble Access or any other Trimble hard- or software.

I hope this helps.

Jussi

• 7.  Re: Storage space TC

Posted 11-07-2017 17:42

Hi Dian,

You can use Trimble AccessSync to fransfer files between the field and office while utilizing Trimble connect data storage. Users covered by a valid Software Maintenance Agreement for Trimble Access can install and run AccessSync tool on controller (TSC3), and allow unlimited use of the Connect platform. You can submit a request to upgrade each personal account to Business level at http://connect.trimbleaccess.com/ and click "Upgrade".

Thanks,
    Fern

• 8.  RE: Re: Storage space TC

Posted 03-11-2024 01:50

Hi Fern, I want to know If i get a Business plan, then i can use it like a cloud storage ( like Google drive, Box,..) to save & files with multi file types ( not only 3d or 2d ) , or any limmit for those Plans ?

------------------------------
    Tikeje Hakaha
    ------------------------------