Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

• 1.  TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-25-2023 13:13

Hi, I've recently starting using TBC to process photogrammetry. I'm having issues with two things, Adjust Photo Stations and Create Deliverables.

Both of these two commands are having the same issue where the process aborts? just about as soon as it begins. I say aborts because it starts and then immediately says success. I then get a notification that the process has failed and a log file without any errors.

Sometimes everything works fine all the way through. If I get these errors, however, I have to start the project completely from scratch as it will abort every time after that. There may have been once that it didn't.

It doesn't matter what dataset I use. I once tried a dataset with absolutely no success, then tried it a week later on the same project and everything worked fine. Yesterday I processed a flight, didn't like the results, tried to re adjust and immediate fail. Sometimes the same dataset will be fine on a fresh project, then I will try it on a new project and immediate failure and vice versa. Today, I spent hours on a large dataset, had a wonderful rsme report, then tried to Create Deliverables. This time, TBC got halfway through the point cloud creation then aborted. Afterwards, everytime I try again, I get an immediate failure with no explanation on the log file.

I have no idea what to look for.

------------------------------
    Jordan Koehn

• 2.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-25-2023 20:47

Thanks to a thread I found after I posted this, I was able to find an xml file that is also being generated at the same time of the error. It contains the text "no valid license." I'm on a subscription. This particular bug was listed as fixed in the 5.81 release note. 

I sent an email to Trimble Imaging support but they haven'gotten bac k to me.

Jordan Koehn

• 3.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 00:15

Hi Jordan,

thank you for testing out the beta build. You are currently in the middle of the new stuff and bug fix moment. There is a new GDAL library, which is now integrated and also some nice changes for handling camera and boundary, but as you experienced this will take now probably a couple daily builds until it gets smooth running.

Unfortunately the beta builds are are placed on the forum from one of the TBC groups, but can be accessed from all beta testers. So I would say at the end of this week or starting the aerial photogrammetry stuff should be again up and running. If you want you can drop me an email before downloading and I can give you the current state about it.

Thomas Widmer

• 4.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 07:11

Thank you. I didn't realize that 5.81 was a beta build as I downloaded it through TBC itself and not the forum. 

Jordan Koehn

• 5.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 07:22

Hi Jordan,

sorry for my mistake as I was logged in at my TBC Beta Forum and saw your comment I thought you were running a beta build. TBV v.5.81 is not a beta build, even if you unfortunately face issues with your licensing. I hope Global Support already contacted you and can help you to figure out your issue with the subscription license, which is not found for your photogrammetric processes.

Did you try to run it on a secondary computer? I'm able to process many drone data sets and do not face license issues and know from our users able to run their drone projects.

Thomas Widmer

• 6.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 07:39

Yes, I have issues on both my desktop and laptop. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. A partial fix seems to be to log in and out of TBC, restart the computer a couple times, turn it off and leave it off then try again.

Jordan Koehn

• 7.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 08:20

I will add your issue as a bug to our development team, but as the issue appears irregular I fear they will have problems solving it. Typically it would be great to find some sort of reproducible issue, where we can run it ourselves in our office and get this state.

Thomas Widmer

• 8.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 03-27-2023 08:27

There's another thread a bit below mine where users have the same problem. "No valid license" on subscription. I think the original post was just after the 5.81 release. I didn't see it before making this thread. However someone else has posted about the same issue a couple hours ago in that thread.

Jordan Koehn

• 9.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 05-20-2023 19:54

Has anyone found a fix or a workaround?

Jordan Koehn

• 10.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 05-22-2023 02:29

Hello Jordan,
    we did run multiple fixes concerning the "no valid license" issue based on subscription licenses. You would need to run one of the newest versions to test if this fixes your issue, as a couple fixes where submitted at the end of the release cycle.
    In case you do not have access to the beta versions of TBC, let me know here and we can check to find a solution.

Thomas Widmer

• 11.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-14-2023 19:56

Hello,

I realize this is an old message string, but I to was experiencing the same issue as what was being described above.  It turned out it was an issue which only affected Mavic 3E users who were also licensed via subscription.  This issue was fixed in 5.9, allowing the processing of missions, but even since then, I have been experiencing numerous nearly instant fails on the adjust photo stations (relative, absolute, and with GCPs), and also when creating deliverables.  The pattern seems to be that if it passes one or all of the adjustments and they are applied, moving to the next step will result in the initialization of the process, and within seconds the status bar shows step 2 of 2 complete and project output done, and then fails.  The generated error logs are always empty.

I have had failures part way through these processes, after perhaps hours of processing, and this issue does not act the same way.  In those instances, there are perhaps issues of poor images or something, and adding a boundary or processing a smaller part of the mission generally fixes the problem, even if it means processing the project in quarters and producing smaller orthos to make up the overall image.  This current issue is different than an ordinary failure, and is very similar to the subscription license issue in 5.8.  This has now happened too many times to count or remember, and the only way, thus far, to move to the next step is to power down the computer for the night and restart the next morning.  It sounds very weird that this would do the trick, but it works virtually every time.  It is, however, irritating when you're trying to get the work done and can't wait that long.  Combined work time lost in the last several months could likely be measured in weeks because of this issue.

By the way, the computer/specs should not be an issue, as the same issue happens on entirely different computers, and both are powerhouses, that when TBC is working well, will process an 80-100 acre ortho with point cloud with 80+% overlap, to the highest density and resolution possible within a matter of a few hours, import to ortho import.

If anyone's monitoring this thread and has any ideas, I'd be open to suggestions or insight.

I am also, by the way, on 2023.1, using a Mavic 3E, and a subscription license, and have experienced the same issue since the 5.8 issue was resolved in 5.9.

Ben Madsen

• 12.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-17-2023 14:26

1 up this situation, word for word agree with what Ben is seeing.

I am attempting to process M350 P1 photo sets. I have 4 different sets from different drone kits having the same scenario where the Adjust Photo Stations Command throws a error with a blank log.

Adam Robinson

• 13.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-21-2023 20:26

I had issues where the photogrammetry would run at work but not out of the office, even though I had a subscription. It ended up being a bug tied to the subscription licenses. My Sitech dealer was able to provide a demo code, and it worked. It supposedly was fixed in 2023.10, but I have not tried it yet.  

Anthony Guho

• 14.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-21-2023 07:56
    Edited by Christoph Heck 11-21-2023 07:56

Hi Ben,
    Hi Adam,

I sent you both  a mail asking for additional debug information. Please answer the mail to help us find the reason for those license issues.

Best regards,
    Christoph

Christoph Heck

• 15.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-21-2023 22:19

All,

I am having this issue as well. I am actually running the latest Beta. The processing was working just fine in 5.90. Also, this IS happening for me only on the "Adjust Photo Stations" step. I just tried a third time and even with Trimble tutorial data. Thanks and please advise. 

Zach Edwards

• 16.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 11-22-2023 13:01

All,

My issue turned out to be a bonehead move. I missed a step in the baseline processing portion that caused this Adjust Photo Stations piece to not work. 

Zach Edwards

• 17.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 12-01-2023 09:16

We had this issue as well and had to make one adjustment in our sentinel key settings, then it started working. So far I have done this with two of our processors and it worked both times.

we opened license manager, everything looked good here our key ID and everything was correct and it was clearly pulling the license (note: I used a snap of a blank one below). So we decided to check the sentinel settings by selecting the sentinel admin control center at the bottom.

when the admin control center first opened up, under the sentinel keys tab our license server was not listed under Location. So we went into the Configuration Tab, then the Access to Remote License Managers tab. Both check boxes were checked off but our License server was not listed in the Remote License Search Parameters text box. We added the name of our license server in the textbox, then hit submit. Closed the web browser, made sure the license was applied, re-tried the adjust photo stations command and it worked.

Devon Kosior

• 18.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 12-10-2023 22:43

Can you explain? Maybe im missing something. I cant get 2023.10 to work at all. It was touchy in 5.8, 5.9 and 5.91. Im fixing to buy Metashape because this is too ridiculous to keep paying for this.

Jordan Koehn

• 19.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 12-10-2023 22:50
      |   view attached

Thomas, I'm still having the No License File found in 2023.1

Jordan Koehn

• 20.  RE: TBC Photogrammetry Process keeps failing

Posted 12-18-2023 06:18
    Edited by Christoph Heck 12-18-2023 06:21

Dear Jordan,

Can you please send us a copy of the UASBox folder (C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Temp\UASBox)?

Be aware that this folder gets overwritten with each subsequent Photogrammetry process.
    You can send everything to imaging_support@trimble.com.

Best regards,

Christoph

Christoph Heck