WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC Work Order command?

• 1.  TBC Work Order command?

Posted 17 days ago

This is not really a WM question,  it is related to WM.  I have started using TBC to directly connect to WM and import my Work Orders right into TBC.  Once I use the Work Order command and choose a device it takes a long amount of time to connect to the device.   Anyone else go this route to get their WO into TBC?  if so, do you experience this lag and have you find a way to cut out some lag?

------------------------------
    Francisco Guerrero

• 2.  RE: TBC Work Order command?

Posted 15 days ago

I occasionally have the same issue when I use that command, but I haven't used it very much in the past year or so...

Currently I download the required work order from Works Manager via the web browser. Then drag and drop. But I just saw your comment and decided to revisit the command.

So if I visit the command WorksManager Work Order there is a 10-30ish second scan before the Field Data / Devices in Project is populated. Then it took the command 30-60ish seconds to populate the Work orders on Device field. It then took 15-30 seconds to populate a large grade check work order. It took me about 30 seconds to run the view operation, report didn't work, save as there was no delay, and import had no delay either. All of this was done on a very large airport job; focused on a data collector that holds the most work orders; and I tested it using a large grade check work order. This is way faster than I remember it being. It would be nice for the report button to work so that I can access the Site Works Report Utility; that it doesn't could be on my end and I need to reinstall the excel sheet in the correct location or check options to see that the operation is looking in the correct location.

Try cleaning up the data collectors by storing the older work orders in an archive folder off the device. Seems like the lag for me was in populating the fields so less might help. (data collector I checked had 431 work orders, for reference) 

[Scott] [Threet]
    [Flatiron]

• 3.  RE: TBC Work Order command?

Posted 14 days ago

I had the same issues using v5.90 or earlier but that seems to have been fixed (at least for me) now in 2023.11  Loading of the device list for the project and then workorders for each device seems much quicker now.

BradS

• 4.  RE: TBC Work Order command?

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Francisco,

TBC v5.80 and 2023.11 seem to load ok, anything in between that isn't worth your time if that's the route you're going (we import ours that way as well).

Katie Byron