WorksManager

View Only

TBC WorksManager Work Order Import Feature Request

• 1.  TBC WorksManager Work Order Import Feature Request

Posted 05-18-2023 09:30

A few things on this that I would like to be able to do here:

1. Download all the workorders from a specified data collector locally to my PC - don't always have access to the internet or have really pour internet. Canada is pretty vast and coverage isn't great. Especially for remote projects. The constant loading when switching back and forth between collectors also takes too much time. I tend to import/process data for month end based on what the work order is (e.g. import/process all the subcut WOs in chronological order from each collector, then on to say subgrade, then sub-base, etc.)

2. The tiny window that we have to look through the workorders on a collector is ridiculous...I prefered the old popup window for the work order import. I didn't like how the size would always revert back to the small box and you had to adjust everytime, but at least you could adjust it.

3. A quick little indicator that shows if a workorder has been imported or not. My old process used to be to adjust the popup window to size for the WOs I had to deal with from a specific collector, take a screenshot and cross them out as they were processed. I also used to colour code/cross out WOs that didn't need importing in to that particular TBC drawing (compaction test locations, layout, etc.) so that I could just glaze over them and they weren't taking so much of my attention.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the first things that jumped out at me this morning as I started process through WOs for month end.

Thank you!
    Katie

------------------------------
    Katie Byron
    ------------------------------