Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only

TDC650 automated post-processing using VRSnow subscription/SBAS (so no RTX license)

• 1.  TDC650 automated post-processing using VRSnow subscription/SBAS (so no RTX license)

Posted 04-05-2023 18:42

Hi there,
    It's my first time post here and just looking for possible solutions, fellow users with the same problems, etc
    I've gone to my distributor who has already lodged this with Trimble but I thought Id reach out here  to see if there's a work around.

We have collected some offline points out in Gippsland, Vic Australia where there was no cellular and set up our map workspace in Trimble Connect and used the TDC650 with the post-processing options like the instructions given to us. When we went back to auto post-process, it couldn't download the basestation data thus not complete the process. The log file says it automatically chose the closest basestation which according to AUSCOR -Geoscience, was working fine and their RINEX files are still available for download, but just couldn't download the file and so failed to progress further. 
    Since the process is automated, we can't test another basestation and we're now stuck with a shapefile which is not post-processed so isn't fit for purpose.
    Is there anyway to post-process the raw shapefile from Trimble connect further using either the downloaded RINEX file or getting the automated process to choose another basestation to see if it will download it. We have several days worth of data and have been re-trying the auto post-processing with no luck and now just waiting for Trimble to get back to us.

We've been experimenting Terra Office which is compatible with TDC650 but unfortunately doesn't read in shapefiles, just xxx.tfout. We also have access to GPS pathfinder as well but i dont know if i can convert shapefiles into a format that Pathfinder can read in.

Here's hoping for some help, 

Helen 

------------------------------
    Helen Nguyen-Mallen
    ------------------------------