Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TDC650 Cellular Connection

• 1.  TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 07-10-2023 07:52

My office recently purchased 2 TDC650's and but can't get them to connect to LTE. We have a Verizon account and and have tried multiple Verizon sim cards with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working or have had the same issues? Thank for any info

------------------------------
    Stephen Charton

• 2.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 07-11-2023 07:14

DAC is Trimble certified: Machine to Machine & IoT Cellular Services | Data Activation Center

We use them all the time and work great! 

Lane LeBlanc

• 3.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 07-13-2023 07:29

If you are running a device with a Windows Operating System (TSC7, T10, etc), a data only SIM card from AT&T or Verizon will work fine.  However, with the Android devices (TDC 150, 600, 650, etc.), I use DAC as well.  They provide services which work on AT&T and Verizon networks, so you have an option to go with whichever service works best in your area of operation. 

Daniel Bollich

• 4.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 05-24-2024 07:42
    Edited by Kara O'Neill 05-24-2024 07:51

Did you ever get a DAC card to work on a T100? I am trying to use one and its not recognizing it. I have one of their newer ones for both Verizon and ATT. 

Kara O'Neill

• 5.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 29 days ago

Hi Kara - you're more likely to get a T100 response if you open a new post with T100 in the description - your query might get lost in the TDC650 noise.  

T100 does work with Verizon and AT&T, but I have no idea how / if the dual-network SIMs would work.  It's almost certainly not been tested with the dual network SIM.

Norman Smart

• 6.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 07-11-2023 09:13

@Stephen Charton we ran into this same issue with our 650 & Verizon and going with another cellular provider as suggested was not an option. It took a while but vzw finally figured it out. I've reached out to our vzw rep to find out exactly what they did. It might be a few days but I'll reply when I hear back.

Matthew King

• 7.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 08-03-2023 19:53

Yes. You have to use DAC. They are awesome and it works every time! It's not that much different price-wise from a plan directly from a carrier anyways. 

Zach Edwards

• 8.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 10-10-2023 12:46

We love to help!  

chandy sayre

• 9.  RE: TDC650 Cellular Connection

Posted 10-11-2023 07:14

Ours did work on Verizon.  We had a faulty SIM card for one.  We popped a new one in and it worked.  

Wayne Randall