Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

• 1.  TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 12-13-2023 07:00

I have a customer that is trying to use a TDC650 with ESRI Field Maps.  When they try and access FM, it give them a  "The server you are trying to connect to is using an untrusted certificate" error.

It then closes Field Maps.  Any thoughts on how to resolve?

------------------------------
    Doug Kotnik

• 2.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 12-13-2023 14:33

Hi Doug,

If the error is only within the Field Maps context then I would suggest that this is an Esri or browser issue rather than TDC650 per se. Have a look at this thread on the Esri Community, it looks like it may help.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway

• 3.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 12-13-2023 14:41
    Thanks Mark. The error only occurs when using the TDC650
    Not other devices. I'll take a look thanks for the info
    Doug

--

https://www.laserinst.com/

Precision Laser & Instrument, Inc.'s Build Construction Division is Now Your Local BuildingPoint Ohio Valley!

https://buildingpointohiovalley.com/

CLICK HERE to Join Our Mailing Lists!

*This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

• 4.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 12-13-2023 14:52

Hi Doug,

Yes, the thread describes the issue in more detail but is because the client doesn't have the correct certificate installed.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway

• 5.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 12-13-2023 16:14

Hi Doug,

Just realised that the link in the Esri community post doesn't work. You may need to contact Esri for advice on this. One question, are they using Chrome or Firefox? If they are using Enterprise and have a self signed certificate Firefox may not work. I searched for 'android 10 Amazon Root CA 1', that may also help.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Kellaway

• 6.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-08-2024 17:25

Hey Doug,

I am having the same issue with my TDC600 but it doesn't close out the app. I've deleted and reinstall Field Maps but no luck. Did you have any luck finding out a solution?

Thanks!

Patrick McLure

• 7.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-10-2024 07:28

With my customer, I did a factory reset on the TDC650 and reinstalled ESRI Field Maps and updated Trimble Mobile Manager.  This seems to have taken care of the certificate error we were getting

Doug Kotnik

• 8.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-08-2024 17:25

I've had the same issue pop up today. Have you found a solution to the issue yet?

Patrick McLure

• 9.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-09-2024 12:13

Hi - here's what Esri has to say regarding thier use of Amazon CA certs and he need to have an Amazon Root CA cert on the device.

As of the September release, ArcGIS online is using a certificate issues by Amazon CA. The error message you are seeing "The server you are trying to connect to (https://www.arcgis.com) is using an untrusted certificate" seems to indicate that the device does not have the Amazon Root CA as trusted on the device.

To remedy this, you will need to install/trust the Amazong Root CA 1 on the device with the issue.
    This link has pretty good steps for how to do this: link

Matthew Morris

• 10.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-09-2024 12:16

I'm realizing that the link in the Esri response I posted above does not work. I'll try to find a different source - and/or recommended procedure.

Matthew Morris

• 11.  RE: TDC650 Trusted Certificate error

Posted 01-09-2024 12:30

I have a TDC600 (v2) and TDC650 in front of me and am able to sign-in to Field Maps using ArcGIS Online without any cert issues. If you go to Android's Settings screen and find the 'About phone' section at the bottom, can you tell me what it displays for 'Build number'? Do you have any pending security updates (in the Settings screen, go to 'System', then 'Advanced', then 'System update')?

Matthew Morris