Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TerraFlex on Tablet does not load any Basemaps (Street Map, Satellite)

• 1.  TerraFlex on Tablet does not load any Basemaps (Street Map, Satellite)

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Guys,

I am about to start the condition rating work on the existing assets on the council. I have created 4 tasks from ArcMap using Trimble TerraFlex Add-in for Arcmap.

Everything is fine, all the asset classes are properly loaded and can be visible on TerraFlex.

The problem that I have encountered is that none of the Base Maps (Street Map or Satellite) load at all.

I even tried creating a Satellite basemap via Trimble Connect Web which can be see under Map Caches on TerraFlex but again nothing loads on when I select it.

Any suggestion and solutions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Abhishek Dhungel

• 2.  RE: TerraFlex on Tablet does not load any Basemaps (Street Map, Satellite)

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Abhishek

What version of Terraflex are you using (under the ABOUT menu) please?

• We updated our base mapping provider in Terraflex version 5.11 (the latest TF version is now 2024.14.xxx following a new naming convention)
    • Terraflex versions earlier than v5.11 will be using the old and now obsolete WMS which may explain this issue
    • So in simple terms I would update the Terraflex app to the latest version (If its not already) and give this a try

If you are on the latest version already then please reach out to your local Trimble reseller who can try some more advanced troubleshooting on this

You can review the Terraflex release notes HERE

Tom Harrison

• 3.  RE: TerraFlex on Tablet does not load any Basemaps (Street Map, Satellite)

Posted 13 days ago

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your solution. My TerraFlex was actually v5.10 which i upgraded to v5.11.

Now i am able to view maps with multiple options beside Satellite and Street maps.

Better in quality and higher resolution that before. So excited with the new release.

Thank you once again.

Kind regards,

Abhishek Dhungel