Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

• 1.  Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 05-23-2024 00:58

Hello,

I purchased Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy about three weeks ago. It had been working well, often achieving 1-2 cm accuracy, until yesterday morning. Now, the accuracy stops at 2.0 m. I see that my license is still valid. Does anyone know what may be going on?

My routine: I turn on DA2 and see the blue button flashing; connect DA2 to my phone via Bluetooth; Open Mobile Manager and connect to DA2; Open TerraFlex, then Settings -> connect to DA2, open Map and check the accuracy under the satellite icon at the left upper corner (Should I keep Mobile Manager open?)

Best regards, 

Etsuko

------------------------------
    Etsuko

• 2.  RE: Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 05-23-2024 07:03
    Etsuko,

If you can, keep Mobile Manager open. Also at the Catalyst 1 centimeter level you have to have
    an internet connection to achieve this level of precision. Please check to see if you have an internet connection on your phone.

This is just some possible reasons for this problem.

Vince Cavanaugh

• 3.  RE: Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 05-23-2024 15:29

Hi Etsuko,

If you have purchased a 1cm Catalyst subscription (i.e. you are not using Catalyst On Demand) then you should not use Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM) at all. You should only connect to the DA2 from within TerraFlex. If you are still seeing issues with accuracy when you take TMM out of the picture you should save a TerraFlex log and send it along with a description of your issue to your Trimble dealer.

Regards,

Mark Kellaway

• 4.  RE: Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 26 days ago

I have been having the same issue since yesterday afternoon (5/28/2024).  I also have the Catalyst 1 subscription with the DA2.  Were you able to get this resolved?

Taylor Herman

• 5.  RE: Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 26 days ago
    Edited by Taylor Herman 25 days ago

-

• 6.  RE: Trimble Catalyst DA2 with a subscription to 1-2 cm accuracy but accuracy now stops at 2.0 m since yesterday

Posted 18 days ago

Its the recent firmware update of the DA2. Atleast thats what a trimble customer service said. Call and complain. We did. They said they are working on it.

William Pollok