Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble geo 7x Update firmware

• 1.  Trimble geo 7x Update firmware

Posted 10-15-2022 07:47
    Hi evryone 
    i have  operating system version 6.7.16 includes GNSS firmware version 4.12.2a i wile update to the  new version for firmware and i find locate my 27 digit installation code
    where can i find the 27 digit installation code
    Thanks

------------------------------
    Sofiane Bensid

• 2.  RE: Trimble geo 7x Update firmware

Posted 10-16-2022 13:37
    I don't remember needing a code for the OS - what 27-digit installation code are you asking about?

By the way, the last OS for Geo 7x was 6.7.18 - this contained GNSS firmware 4.50.3 and the complete OS package can be downloaded from the Trimble MCS Downloads page.  The Release notes contain instructions for installing the OS (not quite right, you get the file from MCS the site).  Note that installing the full OS will wipe out all programs and data so be sure to make backups of anything important.  There also used to be the option to update from 6.7.16 to 6.7.17 then from 6.7.17 to 6.7.18, but I can't find the files to do that process.

Norman Smart

• 3.  RE: Trimble geo 7x Update firmware

Posted 10-18-2022 08:10
    the 27 digit-codes write in this page
    the probleme  I have OS FW v6.7.16(GNSS FW V4.12.2) then I want to update for new version for activing the RTX correction , how do I get back installed programs like terrasync v5.70 centimeter édition 
    Thanks

Sofiane Bensid

• 4.  RE: Trimble geo 7x Update firmware

Posted 10-18-2022 15:25
    Edited by Norman Smart 10-18-2022 15:28
    Thanks Sofiane

I think that  document is talking about the TerraSync Installation Code.  You can find this by running TerraSync, selecting Status / About / System Report which opens the System Report in Word Mobile.  Copy the code from that screen or select Menu / File / Save As in Word Mobile and save the system report to an SD card.

But before you do an OS install on your Geo7x, please ensure that you have a way to re-install TerraSync 5.70 - your installation code is unlikely to allow later versions, I had a quick Internet search but could not find any obvious locations to download the Windows Mobile TerraSync 5.70.

The other question before you make any changes to the Geo 7x is why you think updating the OS and GNSS will allow you to use RTX corrections.  I don't have the release notes for the various Geo 7x GNSS firmware versions - do you think RTX was only supported from some particular Geo7x GNSS version?  And do you have an RTX subscription for the Geo 7x (or do you intend to buy a subscription), your Geo7x won't use RTX corrections without a current subscription.  Finally, remember that Geo 7x only uses Internet RTX corrections, the GNSS does not support satellite RTX corrections.

Norman Smart