Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble R1 Orientation

• 1.  Trimble R1 Orientation

Posted 11 days ago

A Trimble dealer said that the R1 needs to be mounted vertically for best reception. I looked through the Quick Start Guide and the User Guide but haven't found anything to validate this. Is there documentation somewhere making this clear?

If it is the case that the R1 should be mounted vertically, why would there be a threaded insert installed in what would be the side of the unit (if mounted vertically)? In other words, mounting the R1 using the threaded insert would put it in the wrong orientation (assuming vertical mounting is correct). Unless there were a 90-degree adapter.

Thank you for any help.

------------------------------
    Paul Lohr

• 2.  RE: Trimble R1 Orientation
    Best Answer

Posted 10 days ago

Paul, that is absolutely correct. The R1 should be mounted in portrait versus landscape. I can't explain the female threading on the back, as that does confuse things. The antenna is at the top of the R1 so it really should be set up in portrait. That being said, if you are just trying to be around a meter, you'd probably be fine in landscape. We have customers that mount it both ways.

Zach Edwards

• 3.  RE: Trimble R1 Orientation

Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Paul Lohr 6 days ago

Thank you, Zach.

I  think the image below shows the correct orientation.

Paul Lohr

• 4.  RE: Trimble R1 Orientation

Posted 5 days ago

Paul,

I was told that thread is not for a mounting adapter.  Zachs picture of the R1 orientation is correct.

Ericb

eric bock

• 5.  RE: Trimble R1 Orientation

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Paul,

You may contact your local Trimble dealer for the R1 GNSS Receiver pole mount pouch that is still available on the Trimble Store:

Ryan Scott

• 6.  RE: Trimble R1 Orientation

Posted 5 days ago

Thanks Ryan. I believe Paul works with York at Duncan Parnell. If they don't have any of those pouches in stock, it looks like Duncan has some. I am not seeing any in our inventory. See here: https://www.laserinst.com/trimble-r1-receiver-pole-mount-pouch/.

Zach Edwards