Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble RTX Availability in FL after Hurricane Ian

• 1.  Trimble RTX Availability in FL after Hurricane Ian

Posted 09-30-2022 12:41
    Hello,
    What is the status of the RTX correction system in Florida after Hurricane Ian?

------------------------------
    Paul Lohr

• 2.  RE: Trimble RTX Availability in FL after Hurricane Ian

Posted 10-01-2022 08:13
    Edited by Mel Philbrook 10-01-2022 08:15
    Paul,

Trimble RTX is available using cellular and SV corrections. I would have assumed that during the hurricane that SV based corrections would not have been available due to signal mitigation via satellite but now that the storm has passed both SV and Cellular RTX would be back on line. I was working in Louisiana during the storm and there was no interruption but the SV beam wasn’t through the eye of the Hurricane.

Mel Philbrook

• 3.  RE: Trimble RTX Availability in FL after Hurricane Ian

Posted 10-03-2022 06:36
    Thank you for your help, Mel.

According to the paper linked below, Trimble RTX depends on ground stations to come up with positioning solutions. Are any of the ground stations in Florida not working? Is there a map showing the ground stations that are down?

https://positioningservices.trimble.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Trimble_WhitePaper_Trimble-RTX-a-New-Approach-for-Network-RTK.pdf

Paul Lohr

• 4.  RE: Trimble RTX Availability in FL after Hurricane Ian

Posted 10-03-2022 09:15
    Paul,

I shot over an email to Trimble Advanced Positioning. You are correct that RTX uses ground stations to assist with modeling but there are plenty of redundancy in those ground based systems to allow the RTX system to function properly. Hope you have a great week. 

Mel Philbrook ~ Frontier Precision, Inc
    Geospatial Technical Account Manager 
    720-273-9182
    Sent from my mobile device