Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble SiteVsion on Android with DA1 receiver on original handle GNSS connection issue

• 1.  Trimble SiteVsion on Android with DA1 receiver on original handle GNSS connection issue

Posted 02-17-2024 14:47
    Edited by MATT SHELLENBERGER 02-17-2024 14:49

I didn't see a particular community for Trimble Sitevision so figured I'd try the group that I most interact with.  Our original SiteVision equipment using a Samsung AR capable phone with the DA1 Catalyst receiver and the handle that has the EDM included.  We haven't used the equipment in a while but updated everything on the phone but are unable to get the Sitevision software to connect to the DA1.  If we use TMM on the phone it connects just fine but within the Sitevision app itself we are unable to connect to the DA1.  The DA1 is paired to the phone in the Bluetooth settings and the mock location is turned on and set to use Trimble Mobile Manager.  Tried several things but still not luck.  We did not update the DA1 firmware, maybe the issue?  Any thoughts?

------------------------------
    MATT SHELLENBERGER

• 2.  RE: Trimble SiteVsion on Android with DA1 receiver on original handle GNSS connection issue

Posted 02-18-2024 13:00

Hi Matt,

The original SiteVision handle with a DA1 just connects through the USB cable, no Bluetooth required.  In the SiteVision app make sure you have this selected in the Configuration menu, there is a dropdown option for Handle vs Pole.  Then just plugin the USB cable to your device.

You don't need TMM at all to use SiteVision, so make sure if you have TMM connected to the DA1 that you disconnect this first before running the SiteVision app.

Lastly, if you have an older phone give the USB connector a good clean out with a can of air - you can get a lot of dust trapped in there over time that can potentially cause problems.

Ben Broad

• 3.  RE: Trimble SiteVsion on Android with DA1 receiver on original handle GNSS connection issue

Posted 02-19-2024 08:36

Thanks for the reminder.  I also found that we had the cable reversed which was part of the issue as well. Now DA1 connecting to the SiteVision application on the Samsung phone as expected.

Thanks,

Matt