Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Way to Export Consolidated Shapefile/Custom CSV

• 1.  Way to Export Consolidated Shapefile/Custom CSV

Posted 02-16-2024 16:51

I realize that PenMap for Android has both "nodes" (point features) and "GIS" features. We have a customer that wants to be able to export it all as one CSV. In other words, they have a template that has a about 5 fields that they explicitly fill out in the field. The issue is that they need Lat/Long (DD or DMS) in the export. We tried to build the Lat Long "PenMap Generated" fields but they are not populating when exporting to shapefile. This is presumably because PenMap works in Project Coordinate Systems and the project is in State Plane US FT. Separately, we built a custom CSV export (user defined) that has everything he needs in the CSV with the exception of his template information. There HAS to be a way to combine these somehow to get the export he needs. If a user wants to build a custom template and export shapefile, why can they not have ALL the GNSS metadata fields like a custom (user-defined) CSV? Thanks and please advise. 

------------------------------
    Zach Edwards

• 2.  RE: Way to Export Consolidated Shapefile/Custom CSV

Posted 02-16-2024 16:57

Is there a way to do this with "relationships"?

Zach Edwards

• 3.  RE: Way to Export Consolidated Shapefile/Custom CSV

Posted 02-18-2024 16:20

Ok so I was able to get this to work but the Lat Long only comes through in DMS and the values are way off. my latitude should be 35 with a longitude of -106; however, I am getting 30 and -111. Is this a bug? I am using a New Mexico State Plane Nad83 2011 USFT system but again, the lat/longs are reported incorrectly in DMS. The geometry of the exported shapefile is correct for the X, Y, and Z though if I calculate geometry in ESRI. Lastly, I have submitted a support ticket to the PenMap support team and referenced this post. 

Zach Edwards