WorksManager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

• 1.  Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 29 days ago

We recently started using WorksManager to upload designs to our newer tablets.

It works well on two of our devices. However a third when we sync it is download the new files but also downloading a version that was deleted previously (both from WorksManager and the device).

We are trying to sync version 12. It is downloading version 9 and 12. (But not ten or 11). The only files on WorksManager are version 12.

Is there a log saved somewhere that I can use to find the location of these old files? This is only happening on 1 of 3 devices.

------------------------------
    Rich Smith

• 2.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 29 days ago

Rich,

hello!

Version 9 may be stuck in there for some reason or another. Typically, if the newer version is no longer available in worksmanager, you should be able to do a sync through the collector and choose "design" sync. Sync version 9 specifically and if it is no longer available in the cloud it should prompt you to keep or delete the local file. If it does not prompt you, it is still in the cloud and you can get rid of it Via the trimble connected community root file access. 

hope this helps.

Alejandro Banuelos

• 3.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 27 days ago

I did not see the ability to only sync certain designs. I will look into that shortly. We just hit the worksmanager button on the tablet and it does everything on its own I thought.

I found the logs, they show that it downloaded the new version of the file, and then the old version 9. 

Rich Smith