Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

• 1.  Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 29 days ago

One of our tablets is bringing back versions of a file that was deleted both from the tablet and works manager (not just archived, actually deleted).

We tried deleting the synchronization cache on the tablet as well as doing a drive level search for any remaining  DXF files on the tablet.

To further confuse the situation. Version 9 of the files keeps reappearing. Version 10 and 11 do not, but version 9 is being restored when we sync up to download version 12. 

(Our file version # not the .v01 number in works manager).

Any Thoughts?

------------------------------
    Rich Smith

• 2.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 28 days ago

Rich,

Probably a stupid thought, but has anyone checked to see if somehow the file was inadvertently attached to an ongoing job somehow that has not been deleted?

John Woodall

• 3.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 27 days ago

No. I have searched the tablet for copies across the entire C drive and there are no other DXFs on the tablet until we sync.

I decided to check the logs. It shows that it is downloading the new file then the old file, then moves on to the next file in our list. New then old. Rinse and repeat.

The log does not show where the file is coming from though just where it saves on the tablet.

Rich Smith

• 4.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 27 days ago

I'm having the same issue but with an avoidance zone , and control points on one job they have been deleted everywhere multiple times , but one avoidance zone keeps re appearing along with superseded control stations 

Michael Sandison

• 5.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 26 days ago

This was one of my major gripes with WorksManager that to me made it unusable for the data collectors. I believe the work around is creating a new design and deleting the old design completely. It's annoying but it is a simpler work around. I'm not sure how that would work with VCLs since we never used VCLs with Worksmanger when I was using it daily. 

Adam Bower

• 6.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 26 days ago

Yes, we quit using Worksmanager for this reason. Until Trimble adds better file management, its not worth much, imo. Its too bad as theres a lot of promise

Jordan Koehn

• 7.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 26 days ago

Did you go into TCC Explorer and delete the files in the relevant data collectors folder?

I've shown the drive path below.

I agree it's a nighmare getting things deleted from WorksManager but once you remove it from WorksManager and delete it in the file I've shown below they tend to stay dead gone

Matthew Pitt

• 8.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 23 days ago

Yes,

We went a step further and deleted everything in the synchronizer folder and even did a root level search for *.DXF to make sure the files were not hiding somewhere else.

Rich Smith

• 9.  RE: Works Manager is restoring files to a T7 that were deleted

Posted 23 days ago

I've seen two issue recently with WM.  One was I had created a VCL, just so i could refresh on how to do it only for the DC.  Well, some how it interfered with out grade control Dozer.  It would not let Earthworks work.  The VCL had to be deleted and now it works.  The Other some how had duplicate Control Point files and would not let a party chief access the points while he was helping another project.  

Francisco Guerrero