Good morning TBC’ers! Are you new to TBC or need some help with an unfamiliar workflow? Well look no further! Today I will showcase TBC’s eLearning learning plans and courses that cover a wide range of topics from GNSS and baseline processing to surface modeling. TBC’s eLearning platform is a centralized resource that includes interactive video tutorials, short quizzes, and links to additional resources such as past power hours and tips of the week that are grouped together by topic. TBC’s eLearning platform currently has 13 courses, with more in progress. Users will earn badges and certificates when they complete courses.
To access TBC’s eLearning content, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Support Ribbon and select eLearning under Learning:
2. A new window will open up in your web browser bringing you to the eLearning site. If you are not already logged into your learn account, you will be prompted to login:
If you are a new user, you can hit Register to create an account:
3. Once logged in, you can browse learning plans and courses to enroll in. Learning Plans are a collection of courses, but users can choose to complete an individual course if desired as seen below. There are currently four learning plans available: Geospatial Essentials, Construction Essentials, Field Data Processing, and Aerial Photogrammetry.
4. If you are not enrolled in a specific learning plan that you click on, you can simply click Enroll to begin learning:
5. You are then prompted with a notification that you are successfully enrolled, and you can either navigate back to your courses by hitting View My Courses, or start the lesson by clicking Start Learning Now:
When I hit Start Learning Now, I can view the lesson plan and associated courses to complete:
6. Individual courses will include a mix of training materials including interactive videos, quizzes, and additional resources such as power hours, YouTube videos, past tips of the week, papers, and other help documents. Here, I opened the UAS Data Processing - TBC Course from above, so I can click Start Learning Now to begin my course:
The quizzes and software simulations will evaluate a user’s understanding of the content. Quizzes and software simulations must be passed in order to complete a course. Courses can be paused and resumed at any time.
7. When you complete a course, you will earn a certificate and badge to indicate that you successfully completed an eLearning course. You can access your certificate by clicking Download Certificate when your course is completed:
Or, you can view your badges by clicking the Gamification icon in the top right-hand corner of the web page:
If you have any questions or comments about a course, you can leave your comments in the Q&A section at the bottom of the web page:
To track all of the learning plans or courses that you are enrolled in, visit the My Activities page by clicking the context menu in the upper left corner of the web page:
Here is the link to the eLearning platform if you are eager to get started: https://learn.trimble.com/pages/422/trimble-business-center-tbc
I hope this tip comes in handy next time you are looking to expand your TBC skill sets! Have a happy holiday!