Locators with the built in GPS module have the option for the internal GPS data to be sent as part of the ASCII string (YES will send additional GPS data, and NO will not). If GPS+ set to YES, the locator identifier at the beginning of the string will be $RD8100, but if GPS+ is set to NO, the identifier will be $RD8K. If the locator does not have the GPS module, then the identifier will be $RD8K.
The sample ULD file installed with Trimble Access is configured for the $RD8100 identifier. Trimble Access does not read the GPS data from the locator, so we recommend setting GPS+ to NO and to configure the ULD with the $RD8K identifier. (Alternatively you could set GPS+ to YES and use the ULD with $RD8100 identifier).
For locators with the GPS module, the GPS+ setting is in the BT menu. To configure:
· Press power key to enter the locator menu
· Use up/down arrow until BT is displayed
· Press antenna key to enter BT menu
· Use up/down arrow until PROT is displayed
· Press antenna key to enter PROT menu
· Use up/down arrow until ASCII is displayed
· Press antenna key to enter ASCII menu
· Use up/down arrow until GPS+ is displayed
· Press antenna key to enter GPS+ menu
· Use up/down arrow to toggle to YES or NO
· Keep pressing the ‘f’ key until you are back to the main screen – about 5 times