Hey TBC’ers! Welcome to another tip.
Today we will focus on the Extract Geometry command which can be found as part of the TBC 5.80 Point Cloud Deliverables Enhancements.
To get started, ensure that your project is created and point cloud data successfully loaded.
Need demo datasets? Visit https://geospatial.trimble.com/trimbl....
1) Point Clouds > Deliverables > Extract Geometry
2) Create a Shape
3) Assign a name and specify properties such as layers and elevations.
4) Left click on the data layer and drag to create the desired block
5) TBC will automatically select similar block sets, from here you can click on the center of other identifiable geometries. Following which they will highlight blue; you can also adjust the intensity of the selection items to ensure the maximum accuracy view.
6) Select the desired feature by clicking and extract to confirm your geometry selection
Use the Extract Geometry command to draw or select an existing 2D closed CAD object whose shape and size you want to use as template to locate and extract features of the same shape and size (for example, painted arrows on a roadway). You can select whether or not "found" features may be rotated or mirrored (flipped) from the selected shape's orientation.
Interested in seeing a live demonstration of this procedure? Visit our TBC YouTube channel and watch the latest tutorial! Available: https://youtu.be/WO7m7nc0l38https://youtu.be/rqVB9FChXAY
You're all set! Maximize your TBC experience and ensure smooth workflows by utilizing learning & support material most aligned with your needs and personal preferences.
To download the latest version of TBC, you can head to https://trimble.com/downloadTBC.
Complete free self-paced workflow-based courses with hands-on guided software experiences on Learn.Trimble: https://learn.trimble.com/pages/422/trimble-business-center-tbc
For additional learning content, visit our TBC Survey and Construction YouTube page: