Good morning TBC’ers! Have you ever worked with various versions of Trimble Access in the field and struggled with different versions of job files? Well, today I will be showing you a handy shortcut in TBC to quickly convert job versions with the Job Converter. The Job Converter is easily accessible from TBC and allows you to bring older jobs into newer versions of Trimble Access. It is a great tool to use when different versions of job files need to be exchanged between surveyors.
1. From the Survey Ribbon in TBC, navigate to Processing Services under GNSS:
2. A new Survey Tools window opens in your web browser after selecting Processing Services. Next, select the Job Converter heading at the top of your Survey Tools window:
3. Drag and drop one or multiple job files into the Job Converter window, or hit Choose a file to navigate to your files in your file explorer:
4. With your job file(s) uploaded to the Job Converter, we can hit Begin Conversion Process:
My job file was in a Trimble Access 2018 format, and I want to convert it to a Trimble Access 2020 format.
5. From the Status drop-down menu, select your conversion preference, then hit GO:
6. Your converted file will appear under the Output File heading when the conversion is complete. Click on your output file to download it to your computer. The All.zip file simply contains a zipped version of your new job file, whereas the Demo.job file is not zipped:
I hope this tip comes in handy next time you are working with mixed fleets in the field!