Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Views not saving model visibility correctly

Matt Donley's profile image
Matt Donley posted 01-11-2021 09:15
I've uploaded a SketchUp model to Trimble Connect, and I'm looking at it on Trimble Connect Windows. I'm trying to save a view with certain model objects hidden, but when I reactivate the view, ALL the objects in my model become hidden. It works when I hide one object, but not others. For example, If I hide the WALLS object, and save to a view, I'm able to recall it correctly.
But if I try to hide CABINETS PERIMETER and WALLS in a view, when I recall the view EVERYTHING becomes hidden.

See below after recalling view, everything is hidden, even though I saved the view with CABINET PERIMETER visible:
Seems like a bug? Also, how do I access SketchUp's tag visibility controls in Trimble Connect?
Matt Donley
@Laura Anne Niemuth Did you have a chance to look at this bug too?​​
Laura Anne Niemuth's profile image
Laura Anne Niemuth
Hi Matt, 

To help refine where the issue could be coming from can you provide the following information:
- Is this happening with SKP 2021 files only?
- Is this issue happening with other SKP versions?
- Is this issue happening with any other model file type?
Matt Donley
@Laura Anne Niemuth I just saved this kitchen file as SketchUp version 2020, and tried again, with the same results. If I try to hide objects directly from inside the MODELS panel on TCWindows (not via layers), and try to save a view, it doesn't always work correctly.

As far as whether it happens on other file types, I'm not sure. I'm just working with SketchUp models. ​​
Here's the file if you want to test it yourself. https://www.dropbox.com/t/GTSieD6cBZ2GXuO3
Laura Anne Niemuth's profile image
Laura Anne Niemuth
Hi Matt, 
This appears to be a bug in the application.Please contact connect-support@trimble.com - they will work with you on creating a new ticket for this issue to have our development team look into.